Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stroth

???BobHahnPlug???

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know if this is a Bob Hahn plug?

BobHahn.JPG

If so do you know what it is worth? Here is the underside.

BobHahnUnderside.JPG

I almost fed it to some bluefish!

It may or may not be, it looks like it is, but Lex also made some lures that looked a lot like that. The eyes lead me to believe that it's a Hahn. It's "worth"? Take that siwash hook off the back,leave that bucktailed stub on the back and fish with it smile.gif It's worth more as a lure in your bag (they catch smile.gif ) than it is to sell. New in package you might get $12-$18 for it. Used I think you are better off fishin' it icon14.gif

TimS

Sweet! Thanks Tim! (Save some Mr. Wigglies for me, PLEEEEESSE)

I wouldn't want to toss a lost classic out there to those critters.

The eyes are interesting. They stick out of the wood and the entire plug is heavily expoxied.

Maybe I'll give a few tosses and see how it pans out. 25 bucks would be my cut off price.

Just as Tim said, if the eyes are glass and bulge a little, it looks like a Hahn, however that white color wasn't Hahns white, his were either glittered or sheet white although I do have a Red Head and White thats kinda dull. Also, Lex's lures dont have that heavy clear coat, Hahns did and its hard to tell from the pic.

Either way, fish it, its a better swimmer than most of the stuff out there today and the paint wont hold up anyway so let it rip.

Cool,

I'll have to check, but I think the plug was glittered earlier in it's life.

Maybe I'll test it out this weekend. I'll let you know how she does.

Highlander, the stuff Tony Spina made many, many years ago was exactly like that - it was uncharacteristically epoxied. I have one...someone gave it to me at the first food fling...maybe even you? Maybe Sudsy? I can't remember...1/2 my life is a blurr redface.gifwink.gif

I'll get a picture of the one I have here - Tony was over one day and confirmed that it was one he made - like 25 years ago or something!

TimS

Somebody tinkered with it, and less than gracefully, adding that Siwash along side of the bucktail stubby, so's it's just as likely that heavy epoxy coat was an owner add-on, one which has yellowed with age, and giving what may well have been a bright white original finish that dingy ambered look.

I think Bill's right. I checked out the plug last night and there is some glitter left from the orginal paint job. I think the previous owner added the epoxy and the siwash.

All of this leads up to me being less and less afraid to rip that sucker across the ditch!!!!

Thanks for all of the info guys.

Tim - I believe that was one I gave you kinda of an olive color over white if I remember Ive got a few more of them but I didnt think 25 years went that fast i was thinking more along 15 but ya could be right (again).