February 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

FunkyBunker

NAM dont worry it was legal, dont keep anyway but also dont believe in putting pressure on them during closed  period . I know there are bunker out there but what struck me as odd was them getting hit on so often  and the amount of them .  Fun surprising day that was much needed to shake off some of this stir craziness . 

On 2/22/2018 at 1:08 PM, HighEndHooker said:

It still makes no sense, why close the season if it’s not even during the spawn? 

When I was a kid the way I heard it from the old timers was that when the Navesink was deeper and held a larger population of holdover bass guys would gig them through the ice and wipe out out entire schools. Closing the waters during the time that the rivers can freeze was to stop that .

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

14 mins ago, gobigblue said:

youve obviously never been ice fishing in north jersey comrade

Mmmmm, lots of yummy mercury !!!

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

14 hours ago, Sudsy said:

When I was a kid the way I heard it from the old timers was that when the Navesink was deeper and held a larger population of holdover bass guys would gig them through the ice and wipe out out entire schools. Closing the waters during the time that the rivers can freeze was to stop that .

That's what my dad told me too.  He used to gig through the ice as well  back in the day.   I remember cutting a lot of holes when I was a kid .

• Sudsy locked this topic