FunkyBunker

February 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

176 posts in this topic

BordnBeachBill, fishing is a collaborative activity so it’s a little counterintuitive to be closed mouthed. I was reading this site long before I officially joined. I respected people’s concerns but the thing I didn’t really understand until much later is the sheer volume & scope of the interest. All you have to do is look at the page views for the reports threads and the picture is crystal clear. 

Views by monthly report thread

• Jan - 16K
  • December - 88K
  • November - 165K

2 hours ago, EricDice said:

• Jan - 16K
  • December - 88K
  • November - 165K

A report for the fishing report thread inside the fishing report thread. :howdy:

18 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

It's in your best interest to just say DE river.  trust me. 

10 hours ago, PhilCVG said:

My question is why would you want to? You already can't get parking at two of the most popular places once word gets out. 

This is a right of passage.  It's like that saying Hope Springs Eternal.  Every Spring we have the new wave of young or newer fishers, they want to share in their experiences and in doing so reveal far too much in an effort to validate and or prove their abilities.  Then when the masses show learning about the bite specifics from posts on here, or other online sources, the OP starts to figure it out. 

1 hour ago, fishless said:

This is a right of passage.  It's like that saying Hope Springs Eternal.  Every Spring we have the new wave of young or newer fishers, they want to share in their experiences and in doing so reveal far too much in an effort to validate and or prove their abilities.  Then when the masses show learning about the bite specifics from posts on here, or other online sources, the OP starts to figure it out. 

When I got old enough to afford my own fishing tackle I bought a Penn 712 from a place called Fullerton's, rt.322, Swedesboro n.j.If you can remember that place you'll know that my" right of passage" got tiny and dried up years ago.. I don't know if I concur with Eric D's hypothesis of fishing,(post 16) but I did underestimate the total number of people viewing the posts. I joined sol for two reasons, one, gain knowledge and help with Penn greenies, love the old threads,and two, fishing reports.. when it dries up down here I would like to see a post saying"blues in brigantine", but apparently that might be too informative.. 

11 hours ago, Hammerz said:

I've been checking out that area on google earth, if you want to, go ahead and PM me all you know. :hooked:

You got it hammer.. I know an honest fisherman when I meet one.. thanks..

7 mins ago, BordnBeachBill said:

When I got old enough to afford my own fishing tackle I bought a Penn 712 from a place called Fullerton's, rt.322, Swedesboro n.j.If you can remember that place you'll know that my" right of passage" got tiny and dried up years ago.. I don't know if I concur with Eric D's hypothesis of fishing,(post 16) but I did underestimate the total number of people viewing the posts. I joined sol for two reasons, one, gain knowledge and help with Penn greenies, love the old threads,and two, fishing reports.. when it dries up down here I would like to see a post saying"blues in brigantine", but apparently that might be too informative.. 

My first job out of college was in Swedesboro but that was so long ago I don't even recognize the town anymore when I drive thru.  Welcome to the site Bill.  My comments were not intended to antagonize.   Each Spring we have new members to the site who, for various reasons, and one would be excitement to share their success, include too much info in the report.  They basically burn their own spot.  The responses regarding the limiting of specifics are suggested so you can avoid doing just that.  Hope you have good season and looking forward to seeing your reports, pics too. 

16 mins ago, BordnBeachBill said:

K.. got the point now, I'ma no saya nutin..

If ya went maybe, maybe two miles north, guess what?.....fish there, and no zhitshow,. My buddy and I turned around when we saw the traffic.

6 hours ago, EricDice said:

BordnBeachBill, fishing is a collaborative activity so it’s a little counterintuitive to be closed mouthed. I was reading this site long before I officially joined. I respected people’s concerns but the thing I didn’t really understand until much later is the sheer volume & scope of the interest. All you have to do is look at the page views for the reports threads and the picture is crystal clear. 

• Jan - 16K
  • December - 88K
  • November - 165K

16K is too small so better throw it back...

As far as reports, I can report that it's officially February and insanity is setting in.

Baited the drop net yesterday with a bunker. Water temp is 38 and air temp is 26 today. The food pump is ready for when the fish arrive. 

DSCF5160.thumb.JPG.6b6a0cdbe1c5fad92a0505d2f5f0bdd9.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 2/2/2018 at 6:38 AM, EricDice said:

• Jan - 16K
  • December - 88K
  • November - 165K

I agree there are many views depending on months of season etc, however don't underestimate how many members check the reports a few dozen times a month...hypothetically 2,000 members viewing twice a day for a month can tally over 10,000 views...indeed there are a lot of fisherman out there but I don't feel it's as many surf guys as people believe it to be...so many times in 2017 I hammered bass at "popular" spots all alone....there are a lot of guys that fish that don't even belong to forum sites, but I feel participation in general is waaaaay down...as big as the site is along the striper coast, 96,000 views doesn't mean 96,000 fisherman...I myself may check reports here 30+ times a month the key is not to chase the reports because by that time the body of fish has moved on

Edited by jettyjmpr

On 2/2/2018 at 0:09 PM, bdowning said:

crowded_fishing_nj.jpg

Not one bent rod or fish on the beach! Probably the annual fall casting competition! My perfect finish to this would be for one guy to hook into a 40 lb bass that runs parallel to the beach, 100 feet out! Would take a couple of days to untangle that mess!!! 

Looks like a classic case of today's fishermen chasing yesterday's blitz. They are dressed to kill though. :cool: