FunkyBunker

February 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

176 posts in this topic

So close but so far away.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in the appropriate threads. If you have a question about something that would make a good thread on it's own, please start one.

For all of you new to the site, this is how you should make your report. It's up to you how much information you give, but please keep it within the rules and no spot-burning or specific locations.

Out front (oceanfront) or back (rivers, bays, and inlets),

Conditions

What you were fishing for,

What you were using,

What you caught. 

You can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The location terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.
County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

weather models showing another polar split mid-Feb and so if that holds true we can expect some very cold and probably snowy conditions in the mid-Atlantic and NE states.  So 8+ weeks sounds more reasonable and figure around 6 weeks before the OMG! there are bunker in Raritan Bay posts start popping up in the NJ forum.

9 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

figure around 6 weeks before the OMG! there are bunker in Raritan Bay posts start popping up in the NJ forum.

That happens? 

4 hours ago, FunkyBunker said:

So close but so far away.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in the appropriate threads. If you have a question about something that would make a good thread on it's own, please start one.

For all of you new to the site, this is how you should make your report. It's up to you how much information you give, but please keep it within the rules and no spot-burning or specific locations.

Out front (oceanfront) or back (rivers, bays, and inlets),

Conditions

What you were fishing for,

What you were using,

What you caught. 

You can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The location terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.
County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Hey guys I'm new at this,I fish the Salem county side of the Del.river, and  when making a report I can't say the fishing's hot at Elsinboro Beach or Carney's Pt.,I can only say fishing's hot in Salem county? Can I say upper Salem co. or lower Salem co.? Do you get many reports from Salem or Cumberland co?

1 min ago, BordnBeachBill said:

Hey guys I'm new at this,I fish the Salem county side of the Del.river, and  when making a report I can't say the fishing's hot at Elsinboro Beach or Carney's Pt.,I can only say fishing's hot in Salem county? Can I say upper Salem co. or lower Salem co.? Do you get many reports from Salem or Cumberland co?

Whichever county or Del. River would be sufficient unless you want 20 guys at your spot the next day

1 hour ago, BordnBeachBill said:

It's in your best interest to just say DE river.  trust me. 

9 hours ago, BordnBeachBill said:

My question is why would you want to? You already can't get parking at two of the most popular places once word gets out.