ovenrat

new Ford Bronco ?

150 posts in this topic

Aha!.  This year's 3.5 EB is not the same as last year's 3.5 EB.  Ford is presumably saving the new engine for its' own product line. 

I'm not an optimist on fuel prices, long term. If I had to buy new beach wheels this instant, it'd probably be an F-150 4x4 with the 2.7 L engine, and I wouldn't be doing that either if I had to drive to work regularly.  ....  I must see what Edmunds' has under "long-term" test.  Their idea of "long term" is around 30,000 miles, which sure isn't my idea of "long term," but no one else is doing better. 

6 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Chrysler sucks.

Even worse, anyone who wants a cheap truck based SUV is stuck with Chrysler. 

You missed Absolutely when you said Chrysler Sucks . Chrysler Absolutely Sucks . Dodge changed there name to Ram Trucks so they could up there  rating as far as a Truck . If they put Dodge Ram Pick Up rather then the New RAM Pick UP ratings changed . With the new name due to Idiots that bought Ram had no clue when they did a consumer write up on Ram/Fiat it made the truck out to be better when it was even worse then before the change . 

57 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Chrysler sucks.

Even worse, anyone who wants a cheap truck based SUV is stuck with Chrysler. 

Jeep isn’t a Chrysler. If u basing it on frame than ford got most of it frame from dodge and dodge belong to “diamond Chrysler” which is the parent company which covers dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Buick’s and Plymouth. U basically saying a scion is a Lexus, which is day and night. No where near the quality, although toyotA is the parent company of scion, Toyota, and Lexus.

Edited by Huy

26 mins ago, Huy said:

Jeep isn’t a Chrysler. If u basing it on frame than ford got most of it frame from dodge and dodge belong to “diamond Chrysler” which is the parent company which covers dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Buick’s and Plymouth. U basically saying a scion is a Lexus, which is day and night. No where near the quality, although toyotA is the parent company of scion, Toyota, and Lexus.

Lexus and Scion are Toyotas just as Jeep and Dodge are Chrysler; oh, I mean Fiat.:D

Edited by Beastly Backlash

1 hour ago, whitey said:

You missed Absolutely when you said Chrysler Sucks . Chrysler Absolutely Sucks . Dodge changed there name to Ram Trucks so they could up there  rating as far as a Truck . If they put Dodge Ram Pick Up rather then the New RAM Pick UP ratings changed . With the new name due to Idiots that bought Ram had no clue when they did a consumer write up on Ram/Fiat it made the truck out to be better when it was even worse then before the change . 

Those Fiat companies gave so many identity issues it is sick.:laugh::laugh::laugh: 

Edited by Beastly Backlash

Everyone sources or co-develops components from everyone else. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

As long as America loves trucks (and we do), information on new models comes out pretty quickly. I count the F-150 as new because the default transmission is a ten-speed, co-developed with GMC; the latter won't deploy it until later this year. Ford's 3.5 L EcoBoost is reworked from last year's version as well. GMC/Chevy and Ram have changed their trucks, for better or worse or ... whatever .... this year too.  I'm looking forward to the chatter. 

10 hours ago, hoakge12000 said:

Resale and reliability beats garbage and depreciation. Whichever company operates like this will have the larger market share globally.

So is that Ford?

1 hour ago, Fly By Nite said:

So is that Ford?

Toyota and Jeep are quite popular. Not sure about where Ford is. I see lots of old Broncos and Rangers. I'm talking about 4wd aspect here.

Edited by hoakge12000

On 2/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, hoakge12000 said:

Toyota and Jeep are quite popular. Not sure about where Ford is. I see lots of old Broncos and Rangers. I'm talking about 4wd aspect here.

You said whichever company has the larger market share (all 4x4, trucks and suv).  Not a popularity contest but in reality which automaker sells the most trucks?  I'd venture to guess it is Ford.