Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yumeya

Shimano Bantam MGL

23 posts in this topic

46 mins ago, Tourstage said:

Problem FIXED !

Theres a trick to loosen up the spool

Anyone facing this issue may drop me a PM and i will try help you..

So let me get this straight there’s an issue with the reel and you have the solution but don’t want to post it and would rather have people pm you? Why  not post it?

I checked mine.  When I loosen the drag tension knob and make sure the dial on the side plate is turned as low as it goes I get some side to side play in the spool.

is that your solution you have to remember to turn the dial all the way down?

17 mins ago, Rapidfflow0 said:

So let me get this straight there’s an issue with the reel and you have the solution but don’t want to post it and would rather have people pm you? Why  not post it?

I checked mine.  When I loosen the drag tension knob and make sure the dial on the side plate is turned as low as it goes I get some side to side play in the spool.

is that your solution you have to remember to turn the dial all the way down?

yours working fine

mine doesnt work  even i dial to 0

reason for i wanna know how many ppl facing this problem and after checking yesterday theres quite a handful. will consolidate and send an email to the place i purchase this reel

its the O ring that causes this

42 mins ago, Tourstage said:

yours working fine

mine doesnt work  even i dial to 0

reason for i wanna know how many ppl facing this problem and after checking yesterday theres quite a handful. will consolidate and send an email to the place i purchase this reel

its the O ring that causes this

My point is why not say if you are having this issue check the o-ring.  I assume you are talking about the o-ring on the very bottom of the side plate?  Are you sure you are putting the side plate back on the correctly?  It is confusing on that reel.  

Can you take a picture of what you think is causing the issue?  Maybe one of us can actually help you fix the problem.  

Also take a picture of the side plate of the reel with it back on the reel.  

If its truly an issue I will take it right to the source and find out if they are aware of it and if they have a fix.  My guess is that the issue the side plate no being put back on correctly but as I said if I am wrong I will take it to the source this evening to get a fix or solution

3 hours ago, Rapidfflow0 said:

Also be aware because of the way this reel is designed you are not going to have as much side to side play in the spool as you are probably use to seeing

im currently at work now, will post some photo later on

On 1/30/2019 at 10:14 PM, Tourstage said:

u didnt notice that when u got the bantam?

That was 20 reels ago I didn't recall any issues.