otiscop

Best Bar B Que in Mass

Rate this topic

118 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

id still go if they just served their sauces on white bread. lol. 

:laugh: Yeah, their various sauces are outstanding.

I've had BBQ in Lockhart, Texas, Austin and Georgia. Never had Kansas BBQ, though. But I think I have enough experience to judge good BBQ

I live close to Bub's BBQ and I have to say they've gone downhill.  The magic is in the cooking and there is no magic at Bubs. They're just slathering sauce on meat. 

There's a new place in Montague, MA, near Bubs called North Village Smoke House that seems more legit because they slow cook their meat Texas style.  I'm going to give them a try soon.

Edited by TroutGhost

2 hours ago, willcodfish said:

Anyone know of any good bbq in the Taunton fall river area

Ed’s famous bbq is really good. I’ve been a bunch of times over the years, and with the exception of a couple rare occasions, the place is excellent. The meat isn’t as barky as I like, but the flavors and tenderness are well done. His sides are great, and he makes his own sauces as well. 

3 mins ago, Seadogg said:

Ed’s famous bbq is really good. I’ve been a bunch of times over the years, and with the exception of a couple rare occasions, the place is excellent. The meat isn’t as barky as I like, but the flavors and tenderness are well done. His sides are great, and he makes his own sauces as well. 

Kool ty very much will definitely check it out

On 7/6/2019 at 0:52 PM, jadek116 said:

North Village Smoke House opened s few weeks o in the Metropolis of Millers Falls Ma. A couple hundred yards from my digs. Always sell out. A tad toooooooooooo  spicy for us though Fair prices..  Stash

Just peeking in on this thread and glad someone mentioned that place. Been there three times and spent 3+ hours each time ordering different things off the menu and putting back Brick and Feather IPA’s. 

Good BBQ is one niche that has been missing in this area. North Village answers to that. Just gotta get there early enough.

i showed up at 6:30 one night and the waitress laughed at me. I get there ten minutes before they open now.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:03 AM, TroutGhost said:

I've had BBQ in Lockhart, Texas, Austin and Georgia. Never had Kansas BBQ, though. But I think I have enough experience to judge good BBQ

I live close to Bub's BBQ and I have to say they've gone downhill.  The magic is in the cooking and there is no magic at Bubs. They're just slathering sauce on meat. 

There's a new place in Montague, MA, near Bubs called North Village Smoke House that seems more legit because they slow cook their meat Texas style.  I'm going to give them a try soon.

I have to agree about Bubs.  I went over the winter for the first time in a few years.  Not the same anymore.  I use to go twice a week 10 and more years ago.  The owner was always there. Now its a bunch of young kids.  The gator was still good though.

On 1/30/2018 at 11:13 AM, lonellr said:

Surfside Smokehouse in Plymouth!

I drove by this place one time and told my girl we got to go back. I need to check that out.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, captahab416 said:

Anyone ever check out rusty can BBQ in byfield? 

Rusty Can is excellent, much better than American in Rowley