otiscop

Best Bar B Que in Mass

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2018 at 7:26 PM, zak-striper said:

All this barbecue talk made me hungry for some barbecue so I stopped by Blue Ribbon in West Newton tonight for some takeout.

The brisket and ribs are nice and tender and smokey.

They went really good with a smokey Porter.  :)

20180126_191523.thumb.jpg.89205a72785017fd0b5f8820c1b52edd.jpg

Loved this place when I worked in Watertown!

42 mins ago, Tobias said:

Loved this place when I worked in Watertown!

It's definitely one of the better BBQ places in greater Boston. The neighbor smells of smoked meat when the place is open.  :)

I will qualify my list by stating I am the pitmaster for an award winning bbq competition team. I use to go to Blue ribbon back when it opened in the early 1990's. Once they built a communal smoke house for  both of their retail shops and catering I sadly Think quality went downhill. I was never a fan of Red bones. I would suggest you try sweet cheeks nearby Fenway. Or as noted earlier in the thread get a pellet smoker and make your own. Here's some recent bbq I smoked up.

Enjoy,

Ctown 

IMG_1434.JPG

20160529_174756.jpg

20150102_132523.jpg

IMG_20170203_112415_721.jpg

IMG_20170202_191247_334.jpg

Edited by ctownfisherman

56 mins ago, ctownfisherman said:

I will qualify my list by stating I am the pitmaster for an award winning bbq competition team. I use to go to Blue ribbon back when it opened in the early 1990's. Once they built a communal smoke house for  both of their retail shops and catering I sadly Think quality went downhill. I was never a fan of Red bones. I would suggest you try sweet cheeks nearby Fenway. Or as noted earlier in the thread get a pellet smoker and make your own. Here's some recent bbq I smoked up.

Enjoy,

Ctown 

IMG_1434.JPG

20160529_174756.jpg

20150102_132523.jpg

IMG_20170203_112415_721.jpg

IMG_20170202_191247_334.jpg

That's some bad azz looking brisket right there!  

Can we book you for a BBQ???

Blackstrap in Winthrop is decent. I like the Ribs and the chili mac is out of this world. Blue Ribbon is another good one in Newton. I heard there is a new on in Arlington but haven't been there yet.

Prob best in Ma that I had was Soul Fire BBQ in Allston.

If you're on the North Shore, Pit Stop BB in Wakefield (little hole in the wall) is great.

Best I've ever had was down in Auburn, Al.  Was there a few times for a friends' wedding and to go to the Auburn/Georgia game this year.  Each time, I ate BBQ all day.  I remember getting a massive pulled pork sandwich for $3.99 and each side was $1 near the Auburn Campus.

The most recent time, I actually had an hour to kill before my friends got in.  Looked up best BBQ places on a map.  First one that popped up was in a gas station.  So I went in and needless to say it exceeded all expectations

If we go Country wide?  I have to go with the Skylight Inn. It's less than an hour detour off 95 in Ayden NC. Nothing fancy but the line was hanging out the back. I ended up getting plates to come back to Mass with. Pulled Pork Sandwiches and ribs. Awesome.

Meadowbrook Orchards in Sterling does BBQ on Thursday nights from May-September.  They usually have brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and homemade corn bread to go along with rotating sides every week.  They smoke everything out front and make their own sauces.  It's really really good.