otiscop

Best Bar B Que in Mass

Rate this topic

92 posts in this topic

Wow.  Forgot about Redbones.   I remember hitting that place when we used to run around Cambridge and see all the bands while on the door list.   Fun times!    Never heard about the Winthrop joint.   Right in one of my old neighborhoods.   I'm gonna check it out!  Thanks!

For those of you who travel...if you are ever in North Carolina near the Raleigh Durham area and want some bbq go to Hillsboro BBQ. 

1 hour ago, Seadogg said:

Ed’s Famous BBQ in Fall River. Real barbecue, consistent quality, great sides, and the guy makes his own sauces. 

My experience at Ed's famous BBQ was that I went there one time, was the only person in there, everything I ate was really dry and didn't seem to be cooked that day.

28 mins ago, Pootitoot said:

My experience at Ed's famous BBQ was that I went there one time, was the only person in there, everything I ate was really dry and didn't seem to be cooked that day.

I’ve been a bunch of times over the past few years and only once was the food not awesome. It was late, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Give it another shot, man. 

5 hours ago, b-ware said:

Have eaten there many times, I think they also did on site catering featuring pulled pork and all the fixins........................

First place I had a fried twinkie. 

Everyone is confused how to order their first time...even fifth....

I loved the sauce.   I make my own now based on theirs..  I have bought many quarts from there.

19 hours ago, PaddyCrabby said:

Bub's BBQ in Sunderland.  Near Umass.

Have you tried Wildwood BBQ on Rt 9 in Hadley? Bub's is decent. We'd often stop there for BBQ after fishing at Quabbin. However, I like Wildwood a lot better.

Redbones at Davis Square in Cambridge is decent. Blue Ribbon in Waltham is pretty good. Fireflies in Framingham is pretty good as well. Fireflies used to have a location in Quincy which my girlfriend & I used to go to regularly when we lived in Quincy.

My girlfriend and I have been to Austin, TX at least a 1/2 dozen times. Every time we go there we always try a new BBQ restaurant in the greater Austin area. Finding BBQ in MA  that's as good as TX BBQ is always a challenge.

Edited by zak-striper

I havent been thr in years after i moved farther west but blue ribbon bbq was always a good spot. Locations in w newton and arlington.

x2 for Redbones and Blue Ribbon,  Red bones' prices went up a few years ago but still very good.  Pit Stop BBQ in Mattapan is a favorite but only open weekends and do run out of Brisket, pork ribs somewhat quickly.  Pick up only as well.  

I had a fried chicken sandwich at little red smokehouse about a month ago.  The piece of chicken was paper thin.  The coating on it was thicker than the chicken.  

4 hours ago, zak-striper said:

Have you tried Wildwood BBQ on Rt 9 in Hadley? Bub's is decent. We'd often stop there for BBQ after fishing at Quabbin. However, I like Wildwood a lot better.

This is the first I have heard of it.  I am not in the area that much but will give it a try next time.