Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lagerhead

Rebuilding my steering

53 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, 31BBert said:

If you connect both zerk's with a PVC tube (make sure to clamp them on)  and open both of them, then you only need to spin the wheel one way.   It will not lock up and will push the fluid through one side to the other and push out all the air.  You will see the bubbles coming up until they stop.  

I actually made up a fitting that screws into the fill hole and I have a valve attached so I can open and close it.  I then have a PVC tube coming off the shut off valve and will insert a funnel into that and then I poor the fluid into the funnel to fill the tube and turn the wheel and add more fluid as needed. This allows you to avoid putting a pin hole in the bottle.  When done close the valve and then put what is left back into the bottle.

To each his own.  My way seems a lot easier!

Your right a lot of ways to skin the cat.   Just another option if you do not want to put a hole in the bottle.  Lets you just keep what is left over if you do not use it all in the original container.

9 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

Next week... hopefully. No later than 2 weeks.

It will be over by then :mad:

Glad this thread came up.  Just uncovered the boat and doesn’t look bad at all.  Some stain but nothing I can see or feel that should bother anything.   I’m pretty sure I can just put in news seals.