Tacoma Ready Lift

The Riddler

1 hour ago, StuC said:

Need to stay on top of those spacers. They have a way of getting lose no matter what you do. They also can cause excessive bearing wear due to increased offset of the wheel, so keep an eye out.

I instructed Riddler to use thread locker on the mounting studs. 1.25" isn't too bad on bearings. A friend has had them on his Tacoma for close to 10 years now with no problems at all. 

Ok guys, this lift experiment is over.  I’m done already.  Just went to the dealer after installing the kit , to check for numbers and the caster is way off.  I have it on paper. Now it appears to resolve I will need new upper control arms...**** that. Lol. I’m done.  I’ll eat the kit.  Even on the forums there are pissing contest matches and people will allows promote what they want but there’s some truth in there somewhere and that truth for me is, stick with stock. Less headaches and no misinformation about dealing with that. 

Here are the alignment numbers after the readylift was installed and before 285’s.  I called readylift to find out why these numbers are the way it is and the man there asked for a copy of the numbers and he said he will get back to me.   Just another headache.  Lesson learned. 

EABC6262-8F17-4F71-9C1D-129DD611B8D1.jpeg

I bought the kit before hearing those comments on upper control arms. Nobody mentioned UPC's...not even readylift or the one I bought the kit from. These folks said they were professionals, they sell ton's of kits. If you can't trust them?  Who can you trust? That's what pissed me off the most and put me over the edge. It's ok, I learned from my mistake. I'll stay stock and forget the bull****. **** that.  Appreciate the offer...I'll sleep on it and see if what tomorrow brings. Thanks.

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

Ok guys, this lift experiment is over.  I’m done already.  Just went to the dealer after installing the kit , to check for numbers and the caster is way off.  I have it on paper. Now it appears to resolve I will need new upper control arms...**** that. Lol. I’m done.  I’ll eat the kit.  Even on the forums there are pissing contest matches and people will allows promote what they want but there’s some truth in there somewhere and that truth for me is, stick with stock. Less headaches and no misinformation about dealing with that. 

thanks for posting this. i've wanted to lift a truck for a long time, with no real need. i guess just wanted to do it. well, not now. leave it stock and that's it.

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

17 mins ago, Drew C. said:

thanks for posting this. i've wanted to lift a truck for a long time, with no real need. i guess just wanted to do it. well, not now. leave it stock and that's it.

I made mistakes. I tried to do research and it didn't work. I even weighed out opinions on adjustable billsteins vs. leveling kit. It's like talking about what reel to get and then having everyone give their 2 cents on why they like their reel. For me?  I just wanted a leveling kit 3", put on some bigger tires, and be happy. Then it graduates to spacers, and now upper control arms, and bad gas mileage, and wear, and vibration, and bad components down the road, and warranty issues, and go to this place and that place...what was turning out to be fun?  Was not ****ing fun anymore. ****ing head ache. lol....I won't even beat around the bush about that.  I can only share my experience.

Edited by The Riddler

That sux, Jeff. List the kit on CL if the seller won't honor it after he sees your numbers. Maybe some running boards and an exhaust kit will help you with the little sumpthing you want for your truck..... Could also debadge it, lose the stickers on side of the bed and add your own vinyl graphics or pinstripe

Edited by nightfighter

21 mins ago, The Riddler said:

I made mistakes. I tried to do research and it didn't work. I even weighed out opinions on adjustable billsteins vs. leveling kit. It's like talking about what reel to get and then having everyone give their 2 cents on why they like their reel. For me?  I just wanted a leveling kit 3", put on some bigger tires, and be happy. Then it graduates to spacers, and now upper control arms, and bad gas mileage, and wear, and vibration, and bad components down the road, and warranty issues, and go to this place and that place...what was turning out to be fun?  Was not ****ing fun anymore. ****ing head ache. lol....I won't even beat around the bush about that.  I can only share my experience.

i certainly understand. i have been researching it on/off for a year now. i have gone back and forth repeatedly. most recently i was thinking about doing it on my current truck before doing it on a new one. your experience is/was my biggest fear - opening up a giant can of worms. it's not worth it. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

Too bad for your"luck" but there are just way too many trucks around that are leveled/ lifted for it to be all bad. I contacted  Readylift about leveling my Canyon and what to expect. They haven't gotten back to me, it's over a week now. That does not say much about the company and their knowledge. To me it sounds like you got a lot of bad info from "know it all" BSers.

17 mins ago, Cascade said:

Too bad for your"luck" but there are just way too many trucks around that are leveled/ lifted for it to be all bad. I contacted  Readylift about leveling my Canyon and what to expect. They haven't gotten back to me, it's over a week now. That does not say much about the company and their knowledge. To me it sounds like you got a lot of bad info from "know it all" BSers.

It's hard to say. It's like fishing. I wasted 1000's  of dollars on gear for Surf, kayaks, and boat until I got something that works. Then you will have certain folks who don't like Brand A stuff, and berate and promote Brand B stuff. Forums are just that, "opinions"....most are bull**** and then some work. That's the way it goes.

I'm going to wait and see what Readylift says. If they confirm I need UCA then I'm going to call them out on it.

I’ve been looking and lurking on several forums for a while now without posting or asking any questions. I’ve been too afraid of starting the equivalent thread  of a “which is the best reel” or “zb or vs”....

in the end, I have no reason to lift other than looks. That’s not good enough.  

Readylift obviously didn't do any homework on that kit if they claim that a 3" spacer lift doesn't need upper control arms in order to perform a correct alignment. It's very irresponsible of them to make false claims. They also should be selling a differential drop kit and drive shaft carrier bearing drop spacers to correct for the extreme angles the extra height places on other components. From my research, 2.5" is roughly the maximum height on Tacoma's and still able to maintain good alignment specs. I kept mine at 2" just to be on the safe side and it's been a rock solid setup since I installed it almost 7 years ago.