RA66

Eagle Cuda 250 question

5 posts in this topic

Just a question. I have a Eagle Cuda 250 installed in my revo the power and transducer are fine but the units crapped out.  

The exit button no longer works.  

Can I replace just the unit new or used. and reuse the power and transducer  cords.  Don't want to rewire if I don't have to.  

IMO, (and I'm a cheapskate) it's not worth it, that unit is obsolete. I had a Cuda 350 and it was crap compared to the current color Hook 4 that I got for $200, plus it came with internal contours and a Navionics chip.

I agree the cost is negligible my thing was redoing the transducer and wiring.  I guess you can put something newer or better on my set up???

Unfortunately it's like updating a computer, the old parts don't work with the new. You need to mount a new transducer. Trust me, it's worth it!

5a2613d4b82f2_FFpic.JPG.6db171ee9dbcd0d9a59b592fdd4e65e3.JPG

Joe , John is correct. The new units are better. If you want to try a cheap fix Brad had some good posts on fish finder repairs.  He suggest you strip off a few inches of the cables that connect to the battery and replace the fittings. It has worked for me in the past. The power wires tend to corrode. The cables on the new units are thicker and tend to corrode less quickly. Also use dielectric grease after each use. Good luck with your decision Joe. You are a great fisherman without a working fish finder. Also check your battery and or charger. Sometimes the problem could be caused by a bad battery and or charger.

Edited by dbjpb