Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chitala383

Abu Garcia c4 5600

9 posts in this topic

I bought this reel on the bst here last year on a whim. I did have plans for it but my plans changed. I've decided to sell it so someone else can get some use out of it instead of it collecting dust in my garage. I believe it's spooled with 30# pp, but I could be wrong. The previous owner spooled it up and I can't seem to find the thread I bought it from. I do recall the previous seller saying he did some work to the reel and added bearings, so instead of 4+1 it has 6+1. Asking $110 shipped, PayPal preferred.

0112182219.jpg

0112182219a.jpg

0112182219b.jpg

0112182219c.jpg

0112182220.jpg

Here is the original listing from last year. These things came with a 6.4 to 1 ratio and I believe I did not change that but I might have swapped to a 5.3 to 1 (I have enough gear sets all the way down to Winch 3 to 1). Easy way to tell is to put a small piece of tape on the spool and count how many times it goes by the same spot to a single turn of the handle.

" 2. 5600C4 Blue/Gold. I built this custom for someone  a year or so ago - fell through when his wife found out he was cozy with one of the barmaids - have not seen him since.  Normal C4 is 2 ABEC3  BB on the axle, 1 BB on the end of the level wind and the IAR bearing at the handle, hence 4 BB - C4). I put a few extras into it. They include a power handle, ABEC 7 bearings, real Carbontex washers (instead of the smaller Abu copies) with the plastic 13169 washer below the main gear replaced as well (Abu doesn't do that) double BB level wind as opposed to the one BB, BB idler wheel vs just plastic. Reel spooled with Power Pro 65#. That makes it a 5600C6. I lost the box and papers."

Regards

Puck

Edited by speedwell

Thanks Puck. I'm sorry to let it go, it seems like a really nice reel. I'd rather it not connect dust in my garage. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it instead.

Well considering there is over $100 in upgrades and Power Pro into what was essentially a brand new reel she is a sweetie - but my buddy still has not surfaced - it needs a home. Abec7 bearings $20, Carbo drags $15, PP line $25, ball bearing idler wheel $15, 2BB level wind $20, power handle $20.