ccb

licences / fresh and salt?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

From FWC:

"License requirements follow the species of fish, regardless of where they are caught. In other words, if you only have a freshwater license and are primarily fishing for largemouth bass or bream (freshwater species) in a river, but happen to catch a red drum (a saltwater species), you must immediately release the red drum."

They don't have a combo for non residents ?    I alway got the saltwater one $47.  I do release all my fish.  I fish in a canal in back of a house I rent with tidal flow and also the beach.   So if I catch a  Peacock bass or any fresh water fish I have to throw them back?  Like if I catch a Snook without a permit I throw the Snook back?

Also if you are a resident of Florida  65 or older and fish in a boat do you need a license. and if your have a non resident guest in your boat , is he ok with the Saltwater license?   The laws are so confusing down here and there is little info as far a non residence licenses go.  With all the snow birds down here in the winter months you would think that they would have combo licenses and explanation the laws better.  There the ones who are paying big money to fish. 

I recommend going to the FWC website http://myfwc.com/license/

There, you will get strait answers to your questions and should have a complete understanding of what is required in the state of Florida for residents and non residents for both salt and fresh water species The site is quite specific and explains in detail the requirements. Hope it helps.

On 1/14/2018 at 11:41 AM, ccb said:

They don't have a combo for non residents ?    I alway got the saltwater one $47.  I do release all my fish.  I fish in a canal in back of a house I rent with tidal flow and also the beach.   So if I catch a  Peacock bass or any fresh water fish I have to throw them back?  Like if I catch a Snook without a permit I throw the Snook back?

Also if you are a resident of Florida  65 or older and fish in a boat do you need a license. and if your have a non resident guest in your boat , is he ok with the Saltwater license?   The laws are so confusing down here and there is little info as far a non residence licenses go.  With all the snow birds down here in the winter months you would think that they would have combo licenses and explanation the laws better.  There the ones who are paying big money to fish. 

Fl residents have free fishing and Hunting (over 65) non resident in a Boat needs  a  license  unless the Boat is for Hire (Guide) the he is suppose to pay registration fees as Guide and no license is required on your part, as far as combination license I do notknow as i an elder statesman farPast 65 so never follow policy of license,the old saying pay me now or pay me later Pay now probably cheaper 

On 1/15/2018 at 5:16 PM, saltfisherman said:

I purchase salt and fresh together. If I choose to fish a river, lake I’m not “oh crap” I need to stop and buy a lic..

I would but I don't see any combo's for non residents.   I think I going to go with the Saltwater , because if I do catch a Freshwater fish I will release it anyway?   I fish the Gulf and some inland water canals in back of the house I rent.   I do see the water line go up and down.. Tidal? 

15 mins ago, Al Sears said:

Fl residents have free fishing and Hunting (over 65) non resident in a Boat needs  a  license  unless the Boat is for Hire (Guide) the he is suppose to pay registration fees as Guide and no license is required on your part, as far as combination license I do notknow as i an elder statesman farPast 65 so never follow policy of license,the old saying pay me now or pay me later Pay now probably cheaper 

Al, any one at 65 or older as resident are asked to still get a lic.. it’s free and you don’t need to have one, but the fed dollars matched are based off number of licenses. 

45 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Al, any one at 65 or older as resident are asked to still get a lic.. it’s free and you don’t need to have one, but the fed dollars matched are based off number of licenses. 

True enough how ever if you do not have one or have it on your person any form of ID proving age is Good enough for FWC  (wel most of them some times get a Newbie that is Gung Ho)