Malatesta0812

Plug Spinner Designs

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

While I have learned that a plug spinner is not absolutely mandatory it makes life a little easier in that you don't have to manually rotate your plugs from time to time . That being said, I would like to build one and start applying epoxy.....I would appreciate it if you wouldn't mind sharing your designs and ideas for a good plug spinner. I have the materials[I think everything I need] just need a good design and some good ideas. Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Malatesta0812 said:

Hi All,

While I have learned that a plug spinner is not absolutely mandatory it makes life a little easier in that you don't have to manually rotate your plugs from time to time . That being said, I would like to build one and start applying epoxy.....I would appreciate it if you wouldn't mind sharing your designs and ideas for a good plug spinner. I have the materials[I think everything I need] just need a good design and some good ideas. Thanks in advance.

I use these pictured , they are disco ball motors , they spin very slow epoxy comes out even and perfect every time , they cost around $10 for the motors off of very popular auction site

image.jpg

4 hours ago, Antagonizer said:

Searching for topics is pretty easy.  Found this old dicussion in about a minute.  It was the one I started when I built mine. Lol

Awesome thread Antagonizer, got my wheels turning (no pun intended) for ideas on how to build mine! Thanks for sharing.

- Kevin

I have a bunch of those made up so I can do multiple plugs , I have the plug spinning while I am applying , I know other applications hold more plugs at one time , I use Etex epoxy set up takes a long time so I prefer a slower spin rate

I took an old undersized electric space heater which we were going the throw away and used it.  It had a rotating piece of foil behind a fake fire log to give it the flame effect.  Used the motor, light bulb and the 16" x 16" box.  I can spin four at a time.  Good luck. 

9 hours ago, Malatesta0812 said:

last question on spinner motor....what rpm? 3 or 6?

Anywhere between 3 and 6 should be fine.. but I like more towards 3 .. 

i use old microwave turntable motor ripped out a microwave I found on the curb.. I mounted it to an L bracket with a switch and a plug .. but also I took a 1/4-20 threaded rod coupling and drilled out half of it to fit snug on motor shaft and epoxied.. that way I can use anything that's 1/4-20 to adapt the spinner for whatever I need.. got a big round foam pieces for spinning fly and teasers, got a hook for spinning plugs , and even made a piece to hold butt end of a rod and use the same spinner when finishing my rods..

Edited by Wire For Fire