eddieg710

Kreg Pocket Hole Jig

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Extremely useful. I found that there's a brief learning curve to figure out how to use it, how to set the jig to get the right depth with the screws, but once you figure that out, it's off to the races. 

Yup, I love mine. I bought it a few months ago to build a tv stand, then I used it to build a cosleeper crib for our soon to be daughter. Next project is to build my 4 year old son a loft bed.

My wife got me the jig you're talking about, haven't used it yet ,I wanted the larger jig ,$90 or so. She also got me the clamp. I had the small  Ryobi  biscuit joiner that worked great and was a snap to set up but I cant find replacement blades for it. I don't do much of that work anymore to warrant buying another so hopefully the Kreg will suffice.

If you want a flush joint it's a little tricky, the screws always want to pull the piece they're grabbing to the side with the pocket.  I was making window stools screwing the stool molding to a wider piece of 3/4", was a PITA no matter how hard I clamped it to a surface. Still a great tool, I've made big book cases among other things.