DoorGunner

For the South Jersey guys.

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

On February 17th good things begin happening. On the Wildwood Boardwalk Sam's Pizza reopens for the new season. From the end of summer on we have watched boats come out and get blocked up. We have watched as the Boardwalk slowly shut down and many of the local restaurants shut their doors for the long winter. Sam's Pizza is the first to show the signs of life for another season at the shore. Locals and tourists come down just for this and if you don't get there by 1pm then you are in a line out the door waiting and Sam's seats 200. A bunch of guys usually meet here at the dock and then head up for a slice of summer. Nothing special and in fact there are many who don't even consider Sam's as the best on the Boards but they are the first.

This thread isn't about the best pizza but it is about pizza at the shore where you can look out and see the boardwalk and the beach and the ocean and that just adds a little more flavor to that first slice. Bring the family because right next to Sam's is the Gateway Arcade that is also open so the kids can spend your money. Hope some of you make it down for this first sign of SPRING. 

Image result for pics of sam's pizza in wildwood

7 Days till Sam's Pizza reopens. 

Only one week away. The first true sign that winter is loosing it's grip. The ocean, beach and boardwalk plus a slice or two of seashore pizza. Can't beat the view and some much needed salt air.

S5.jpgS4.jpgS3.png

I live near Philly but I like to come down for this. The end of January is when the average daily temp begins to go up, so around the time Sam's opens up, I know there's only 3 weeks or so of a chance for a big snowstorm (can happen after, but generally speaking here).