Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Politics, the art of compromise

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Let see if it is, because I know a great one.

Immigrants.  OPEN BORDERS!  All the ****hole you can eat.  With, for common sense, a well defined program to keep the few people out that are a real threat.  Muslim whackos, people with diseases (we could even just quarantine them till well, hell we pay like a third of their doctor bills until well).  All come in

Compromise:

In exchange, we eliminate the many aspects of the welfare state.  Its a double win.  We get only immigrants that are able to fend for themselves, and we put a lot of americans back in the work force to foster some good competition for the immigrants.

That is what I have always thought is the perfect solution.  I know many liberals are amenable to this.  Just this morning, a few people discussed that our ancestors were immigrants.  And that was the state of things when they came here, and it worked great.  Did you know as many Italian immigrants went back to Italy as did stayed because they were unable to function outside of a feudal society?  Thats a good thing.

Yes, or no, and why?

Just eliminating welfare wouldnt cut it.  You would also have to elominate many labor laws, healthcare mandates, environmental and safety standards as well.

I mean you can't just eliminate the safety net and then choke people out for selling loosies on the sidewalk. 

6 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

So when you eliminate welfare, they breed 10 babies, and the children are literally starving to death in the street, then what?

well since this is an issue to you, just tell us.  What would you do to help out?

Sounds like he's headed for eugenics

Free abortion.

several ways to help without actually saying "stay home, feed yourself, or convince your own government to do so"

You've some good points there, Little.  The question is where are you going to find Americans who are willing to fill the job niches that many immigrants, legal or illegal, initially or currently fill.  My grandfather didn't go back to Italy, but no one in the family ever wanted to talk about what he did to support the family.  He might of worked in my cousin's pasta factory, but the only thing I have of his is an old Iver Johnson .38 S&W that was painted black and had the trigger guard cut out.

Jobs Americans wont do?

Americans will do them

Pay will rise

An entire generation or two will also have to be re-educated into a mindset that says "you work for the food and clothes you need or go naked and hungry"

"living wage"

what do you think makes wages below "living" ?

No one can defeat basic economics

1 hour ago, Little said:

well since this is an issue to you, just tell us.  What would you do to help out?

What I already doing.......... Having the foresight to not let them come here in the first place, and when we catch them here now, send them back.

Personally I don't think open borders is a good idea.  We would have a billion people in no time and America would look like Calcutta with one eyed beggar children eating out of your garbage and hounding you at every corner for money.

We would all need to carry a gun .. So those laws would need to be repealed as well.

I think of America more like a country club.  Members only .

Public schools would also need to go private and paid for

1 hour ago, JimG said:

Personally I don't think open borders is a good idea.  We would have a billion people in no time and America would look like Calcutta with one eyed beggar children eating out of your garbage and hounding you at every corner for money.

We would all need to carry a gun .. So those laws would need to be repealed as well.

I think of America more like a country club.  Members only .

Public schools would also need to go private and paid for

No it wouldnt.  You are describing what it is now with welfare.  That would get curtailed.

And yes governmetn education is ridiculous and should go.