Followers 0
RiverRaider

The Chithole Thread... Let's Discuss

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

If Trump claims he didn't say it,

the Deplorables will insist he did not,

even if there is video of him saying it......

If he didn't say it... then what?

If he did say it.... it was a crass and undignified thing to say... but he a crass and undignified person so... no surprises there

It's also true... Africa and Haiti are for the most part (I'd argue Haiti more so than Africa are ****holes

What should we do when people speak the truth? Condemn them? 

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

I will let you and other Trump supporters have yet another thread of speculation about alternate realities.

It got to be easily verified based on what I understand of the circumstances of the meeting... this wasn't like the "Haitian Aids" thing as I understand it

I'm trying to have a discussion here Frank... did you want to participate or did you wish to simply derail the discussion? 

7 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

If he didn't say it... then what?

And if he did say it, so what? 

Wasn't listening to NPR this morning, frankly have not listened to it so much since it increasingly slanted to the left. NPR = National Progressives Radio. But guess I would need to know the context in which the strong language was used before I could decide if it was appropriate or not. 

4 mins ago, Good2Go said:

And if he did say it, so what? 

Wasn't listening to NPR this morning, frankly have not listened to it so much since it increasingly slanted to the left. NPR = National Progressives Radio. But guess I would need to know the context in which the strong language was used before I could decide if it was appropriate or not. 

Well.... It's pretty undignified (it's the truth... but still... he's the POTUS) 

While at times I appreciate the Lack of PC I also recognize that his rhetoric can be pretty counterproductive at times 

He likely said it,and in my opinion  and lets be frank, if he used the term, he was referring to the quality of the people from those countries coming in the US. Ideally he would want doctors, teachers to enter this country, not a bunch abusers of the system. These are not refugees or people fearing for their lives.

Trump could have used different language, IMO

This is a problem and immigration is problem, 75% of the voters in exit polls said so and it needs immediate attention

Regardless. I could see him saying it. He's got to tone it down. He's the president. He should portray a small amount of dignity and restraint.

Not all people were lucky enough to be born into money. Haiti has had some mighty bad luck past decade or so. No need to kick them when they're down. Only a bully does that and bullies, sooner or later, wind up get the chit kicked out of them.  

Edited by bunker86

There was a thread on the site a few weeks ago about the challenges that Norway or Sweden are having from the deluge of muslim refugees into their county. They now have "no-go" zones where even the police don't want to go into because they fear for their lives. I remember years ago after visiting Sydney I thought, neat country and did some reading on how to emigrate there. Seems they would not take you in unless you were able to support yourself and had a certain amount of cash. Don't know if that changed or not in the last 30 years. In fact, I remember the story of when my great grandmother came through Ellis Island, NY, from Germany, in the late 1800, she was almost returned because someone had stolen her cash fund either before she left the country or on the boat. You needed so much money or you would be refused entry. She only managed to stay because some wealthy family was looking for a maid and they funded her. Probably like indentured servant. We should have a similar approach here.