Reed422

Censorship

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

This is not a political thread....

That said after what the POTUS allegedly said it made me think about censorship. If you look over all the media sites they are not censoring "chithole countries". I was surprised. Censorship is about as BS as the war on drugs. Protect the people from themselves!

Are they not chithole countries that just export their problems to any place willing to take them?  Humanitarianism has a limit and IMO that limit is when you fail to integrate and become an awesome citizen the instant you arrive.  Somali, muslim, hmong, etc. ghettos would be emptied the day I took office.  One serious crime and you'd be in a cargo hold headed back to said chithole that afternoon.  These places need to fix their own problems.  Colonialism ended half a century ago.

i honestly wouldn't mind going back to my day when certain things weren't shown or said until a certain time of the evening. the things kids see these days is unreal (and a strategy).

1 min ago, HugeDinghy said:

i honestly wouldn't mind going back to my day when certain things weren't shown or said until a certain time of the evening. the things kids see these days is unreal (and a strategy).

I agree, but that horse is already out of the barn.

One thing that has always been a bone with me is this:

If something bad happens in your country - you run?

F-that, if something bad happens, help fight it, or fix it - don't run away and expect someone else to take care of you. 

i know..still bothers me though...i can deal with the "dirty" jokes etc from sitcom commercials, but the fact that this stuff is used as a strategy to try and brainwash kids who don't have parents that discuss what they see and hear on TV etc (we should have a thread about that :freak: ), drives me nuts...as an example, the gay/lesbian/transgender stuff.  

ic an deal with my kid hearing an f bomb here and there or a sexual reference, but the brainwashing stuff really pisses me off.

14 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

6 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

i know..still bothers me though...i can deal with the "dirty" jokes etc from sitcom commercials, but the fact that this stuff is used as a strategy to try and brainwash kids who don't have parents that discuss what they see and hear on TV etc (we should have a thread about that :freak: ), drives me nuts...as an example, the gay/lesbian/transgender stuff.  

ic an deal with my kid hearing an f bomb here and there or a sexual reference, but the brainwashing stuff really pisses me off.

Excuse me?   This seems to run countersuit to your argument about the Hollywood ordeal.  

I can't stand the jerk off in the White House, but curiously, this is one thing that baboon got right. Haiti and El Salvador are chithole countries. Let's be honest here. 

problem is, and i agree with him and laughed my ass off,the discussion is now how he said it...not the very (very) good question he asked.

maybe once the initial butt hurt blows over, we can get back to the question.

21 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

i honestly wouldn't mind going back to my day when certain things weren't shown or said until a certain time of the evening.

Broadcast TV still has rules in place, cable / sat.... Not so much.