Little

Haiti is a ****hole

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

I have been to Port Au Prince......and they sliced my luggage open and went through it. Their mountains are dissolving because they cut down the trees to make charcoal. Their little girls and boys are being exploited in the sex trade. Disease is everywhere, and many are willing to risk their lives to get out. The corruption is impossible to get sorted out.

I wish Hillary would have shared some of her money with these people, instead she bought Chelsea a luxury apartment.

If you don’t know how to behave in this United States you will continue to be ostracized and marginalized, and you will continue to need a Donald Trump to attempt to normalize your animal behavior. 

You feel you are among the “forgotten Americans ?“

damn right you are.

Anyone have a video or transcript of this comment?

I am interested in the context. What was said before and after it? 

I'd not be surprised this quote is being misrepresented to some extent. 

Not that these countries aren't sh*tholes but I don't trust WaPo to report this stuff accurately

26 mins ago, JohnP said:

If you don’t know how to behave in this United States you will continue to be ostracized and marginalized, and you will continue to need a Donald Trump to attempt to normalize your animal behavior. 

damn right you are.

Haiti is a ****hole.

1 hour ago, JohnP said:

damn right you are.

Its a simple request.  Convince me that Haiti is not, as we hear, a ****hole.

A story from a few years ago in the Guardian.  You can use this as you change my mind:

At first sight the business resembles a thriving pottery. In a dusty courtyard women mould clay and water into hundreds of little platters and lay them out to harden under the Caribbean sun.

The craftsmanship is rough and the finished products are uneven. But customers do not object. This is Cité Soleil, Haiti's most notorious slum, and these platters are not to hold food. They are food.

Brittle and gritty - and as revolting as they sound - these are "mud cakes". For years they have been consumed by impoverished pregnant women seeking calcium, a risky and medically unproven supplement, but now the cakes have become a staple for entire families.

It is not for the taste and nutrition - smidgins of salt and margarine do not disguise what is essentially dirt, and the Guardian can testify that the aftertaste lingers - but because they are the cheapest and increasingly only way to fill bellies.

"It stops the hunger," said Marie-Carmelle Baptiste, 35, a producer, eyeing up her stock laid out in rows. She did not embroider their appeal. "You eat them when you have to."

These days many people have to. The global food and fuel crisis has hit Haitiharder than perhaps any other country, pushing a population mired in extreme poverty towards starvation and revolt. Hunger burns are called "swallowing Clorox", a brand of bleach.

People in Haiti eat dirt.

Its a ****hole I say.  Again, tell me that I am wrong, and back it up.

4 mins ago, JohnP said:

Sh*t hole

Mud huts

rapists

drug dealers

What’s fascinating is that very few deplorables are willing to tell their own family immigration story 

That's a different topic.  Start a thread.