ferret

garmin install

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

It's a big transducer.  Try to keep it as far away from your prop as possible, as it actually could interfere with the water flow to the prop if its too close.

Don't have the transducer plug in when making adj to the unit when it is out of the water you will burn the transducer up and get flase readings.first thing Everyone want to do once it's installed is play with it.

45 mins ago, Jhcorley said:

Set up a N2K backbone and this will be a super nice system. Set the 840 as your “master” and you could add radar, SiriusXM weather overlay, etc....

Unfortunately, the two units can not communicate, but like you said the 840 will be the primary gps, also controlling radar we I can afford a dome, the 94sv will be a dedicated sonar and back up gps.

Looks good. When the day comes to mount the transducer post a picture of  the transom and we can try to make some recommendations on a good location. Some of those larger Garmin transducers are a little picky on where they like to read the best. Install looks good though and should be a great new system for you. 

Transducer advice: Google 'Garmin Transducer Spray Shield' then buy one.

Installed a 94sv on my boat this past fall. Read and re-read many threads on hulltruth + instructions, took my time and measured 2 twice/drilled once etc etc..

Unit is great and I get solid bottom readings @  WOT or appox 37/8 mph. Side view is amazing for finding structure, but my favorite is the contour mapping software...Really nice to map out my favorite structure

58 mins ago, banjer said:

Transducer advice: Google 'Garmin Transducer Spray Shield' then buy one.

Installed a 94sv on my boat this past fall. Read and re-read many threads on hulltruth + instructions, took my time and measured 2 twice/drilled once etc etc..

Unit is great and I get solid bottom readings @  WOT or appox 37/8 mph. Side view is amazing for finding structure, but my favorite is the contour mapping software...Really nice to map out my favorite structure

thank you for the advice, I have a spray shield, I also have a thick starboard block, was thinking about gluing that to the transom and drilling into the starboard until finding the perfect location and then mounting to the transom.

Do you have a pic of the transducer on your transom? 

12 hours ago, ferret said:

thank you for the advice, I have a spray shield, I also have a thick starboard block, was thinking about gluing that to the transom and drilling into the starboard until finding the perfect location and then mounting to the transom.

Do you have a pic of the transducer on your transom? 

Here you go, the starboard/stern-saver stuff looks good but I was worried about adhesion. If i ever get a new boat I'd consider doing it prior to 1st application of bottom paint.

Boat is 18'  7' 5" beam

Photo Jan 21, 9 33 26 AM.jpg

Photo Jan 21, 9 33 42 AM.jpg

Photo Jan 21, 9 34 33 AM.jpg