Crabba

Time spent?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

So how much time do you spend fishing per week when it's on! Or what do you feel is enough time to be on the water to be successful? Personally I feel I don't get out enough. I really shoot for 4-5 outings a week. Lasting from 2-4hrs per trip out. Pretty doable if ya can night owl. Can be tough to go out with slow back to back outings but always seems to pick up enough to keep me looking again for more! 

Being "somewhat" retired I fish 7 days a week during the season, but my back only allows me 3-4 hours a day.  

i live far from the beach so I shoot for atleast 3x a week but usually for 6 hours minimum. My rule of thumb is you gotta fish consecutively to feel in tune with the tides and whats going on. If your skunking then you have to keep plugging away until you get in a rhythm of catching. If your on a bite then stick with it until you lose track of it. Many times Ill fish 3 nights in a row because I found a specific bite and it becomes predictable for those next few nights at the same point in the tide.

1 hour ago, Roccus7 said:

Retired, living on the water with boat in the backyard - You guys do the math. 

I know, "...and the horse you rode in on!"

That's awesome! Sounds perfect

I shoot for 4/5 times a week depends on tide and time of year some weeks I do double sessions. I usually only last 3/4 hours if I'm solo, shorter if I have to spot hop.

Is there ever really enough time?  The older I get and more I learn about surf fishing, the more obsessed I become.  Every piece of information makes me yearn for more and every success as fishermen is desired to repeat.  It’s the failures that really keep me coming back.  The what if’s maybes why nots.  A good friend/mentor of mine said the day you stop learning is the day you should think about doing something else.  I’m young.....30.....but I still remember every fishing experience like it was yesterday.  Whether it’s was getting into a run of schoolies on MDI while mackerel fishing,  or watching a cow swallow a pollock in August on Baileys island.  There is never enough time and one can only hope a lifetime temporarily scratches the itch!  

Being retired it sholuld be 5 or 6 times a week, but it's more like 3 or 4. I try to mix fresh and salt. My problem is getting up early if I have no one to meet up with. Glad to get out with Crozzbow last summer for some Striper Fly casting.

Edited by Chalkdust

Whenever I can get away.   Work, family...  3-4 days a week 3-4 hours a shot 

but. I leverage the shi$&&t out of June, I don’t sleep and fish nearly every day I can that month 230-7am Goto work

rinse, repeat

Late August/sept-early Oct I night fish so I have freedom

when the family sleeps, I fish