Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dblhauler

Anna Marie Island Fishing

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I am spending the winter in the area of Ana Marie Island near Bradenton, Fla.. I am an avid fly fisherman, and would like to know what opportunities there will be for shore fishing Ana Marie, i.e. what type of fish I can be expected to catch from January to the end of April. I am not looking for specific places, just what type of fish, and if you willing approximate dates the various species may be available.

Thanks

Mike M

Sheephead , Reds . Whiting, Pompano  and all kinds,  as the weather warms up in March.  Fishing can be slower in Feb. for a couple of days if you get a cold front.

Snook reopens up in March also  

They like Grass Shrimp and Sand Fleas   Get a Sand Flea Basket ,Same as the Shell Pickers use .  Go to the drop off and rake back to you  and you will see little gray sand fleas in the basket.  Put a #2 Owner Mosquito hook on some 30lb or 20 lb floro with a small Split shot. 1/8 to 1/4 oz. about 18 inches in back of the hook.   You will catch fish.   

Edited by ccb

The Ana Maria island fishing / restaraunt pier always had a great fried grouper sangwich. Its been 20+ years but they were great.

Sheep head on live shrimo and sharks on live pin fish off that pier were good.