flyangler

Pelosi's "crumbs"

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Earlier today, Her Highness, the multi-millionaire, described the bonuses and wage hikes being offered by corporate America to 2 million Americans as "crumbs" and "pathetic". The Dems are habitually using hyperbolic language but I think this one is a rhetorical dud. Not quantitatively, but a millionaire calling $1,000-3,000 in bonus or income increase, especially to those in the lower income levels, seems kinda insensitive. 

What say you? 

Edited by tomkaz

I don't think Nancy has ever held a real job but she has real money for sure.  The lowest estimate of her net worth that I've seen is maybe $25,000,000 but have seen it as high at $58,000,000 and that was at the height of the recession.  She has some dough.

Remember, they are fighting for people to get at least $15/hour.  * 40 hours * 52 weeks that's $31,200/year.  a $1,000 bonus is 3.20% bonus.  Better than a stick in the eye.

That old bag needs to go.  Did you see her old jaw twitching as she awaited the typical soft ball question from a Democrat State Controlled Media reporter?

Oh, and then there is this one about "five white guys", a crack that Steny Hoyer has been forced to rebuke. 

If there are ***** above, that is w h i t e 

Edited by tomkaz

So $1,000 after tax that’s 750 

Yay

go over to the Fishing BST forum and see what you can get 

you compare that to the pop in stock price and the net gain a CEO just got on his options 

cmon now

hey this is capitalism, this is the game.

This is Trickle Down

But it is crumbs comparatively speaking 

5 mins ago, JohnP said:

So $1,000 after tax that’s 750 

Yay

go over to the Fishing BST forum and see what you can get 

you compare that to the pop in stock price and the net gain a CEO just got on his options 

cmon now

hey this is capitalism, this is the game.

This is Trickle Down

But it is crumbs comparatively speaking 

I don’t disagree when you put it so crassly. ;-)

however, if the Dems are having a problem with the working person and the people in Hillbilly Elegy, "crumbs" shows a certain rhetorical deafness, or senility, you chose which you want. After watching the five guys video, I think it’s more the latter. 

Dem Party:

Vote for me.  I will make sure you are not given those crumbs.  Let us keep it, we will skim off 40 percent for pensions of our minions, then we will buy some new office furniture for your local abortion clinic.  How's that sound?

Yuo guys really screwed the pooch on this one.  Didnt you?

Edited by Little

Another great example of how these Dem leaders are disparaging and trying to thwart efforts to reward the working middle class. Hope they keep opposing Tax Cuts and Bonuses - beautiful job of polarizing working Americans against their Party - brilliant political move. 

Edited by fish643