Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
misha

Cork Tape or Heat Shrink tubing needed

15 posts in this topic

Looking to trade for or purchase some cork tape for my old trusted rod. It's a factory 11' Lami Surf and Jetty. Back grip completely worn out.

I'm not sure how much I need if it's a tape. Can measure length of the grip. Also would need an end cap too.

thks.

Not to be a noodge, but have you tried the rod supply houses? You can probably get cork tape, shrink tube, and a butt cap for under $20, shipped. I dunno that you're going to be able to luck into something cheaper than that here. 

32 mins ago, HKJonathan said:

Rough rule of thumb is 3x the length of rod you want to tape.  So, if you butt length is 22", you will need around 66" of tape.  Good luck

is that for 1" wide tape or for any width?

2 hours ago, HKJonathan said:

1”. Just a rule of thumb and you will likely end up with a little extra. 

That little extra could be good for increasing the grip  at the butt end. Just prewrap a complete wrap to make it a total of four times around, then when you wrap the rest on you will go over the prewraped section adding a quarter of an inch to the diameter of the butt.

Peace

If you are willing to pay for shipping or pick it up at jfk airport then i got 2 big rolls for you. I use to used them but it add alot of weight to the rods. I like my rods as light as possible so i no longer use them. 

11 hours ago, AZNHunter said:

If you are willing to pay for shipping or pick it up at jfk airport then i got 2 big rolls for you. I use to used them but it add alot of weight to the rods. I like my rods as light as possible so i no longer use them. 

2 rolls of 1" cork tape? I guess it's more then I could use, but I live about 20 min away from JFK, so I may take you up on your generous offer.

Thank you very much.

Alright, I live in Philadelphia area but i have a few co worker that go up to jfk airport every night from 9pm till 11pm. Just let me know what days you can pick it up and i send it with them. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0