Ever hear of “stuckie”?

Rate this topic

HugeDinghy

I have heard the term.

somewhere out there , there is Victorian pictures of small children who were mummified in Chimneys by the smoke.

they were thieves or sweeps.

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')

32 mins ago, seadogface said:

$5 to see him in some Georgia Roadside freak show / museum 

How far off the interstate?

I love when we make way past the breakwater at first light and head out, there's nothing better, the whole rest of the world just melts away for me.

(*edited - member formerly known as 'windknot')

19 mins ago, Aquacide said:

I have heard the term.

somewhere out there , there is Victorian pictures of small children who were mummified in Chimneys by the smoke.

they were thieves or sweeps.

:squid: 

Find one I want to see it...  

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

2 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

I'm thinking someone would notice the obstruction before the kid turned into Slim Jim... it is possible though I suppose 

It happened to the girlfriends Dad in Gremlins 1. That’s why she always hated Christmas. He went up there to climb down the chimney with presents and slipped and broke his neck. They kept waiting for him to come home. After a few days the smell...

12 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

I'm thinking someone would notice the obstruction before the kid turned into Slim Jim... it is possible though I suppose 

you'd think, but they are still finding them now in some old houses in London.  they found one about 10 years ago.

Children got stuck in the 18-inch-wide chimneys; sometimes it was due to climbing technique and when children had to go up chimneys which had turns, they became lodged between tight corners and walls of soot. A second child would usually be sent into a chimney to rescue the first, and they would sometimes both die 

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

18 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

It happened to the girlfriends Dad in Gremlins 1. That’s why she always hated Christmas. He went up there to climb down the chimney with presents and slipped and broke his neck. They kept waiting for him to come home. After a few days the smell...

some guy was found in his Banks chimney after 27 years.

The remains of Joseph Schexnider, missing for 27 years, were finally discovered lodged in a brick chimney at the Abbeville National Bank in Louisiana. The bones were found in May when the bank was renovating the second floor, which had long been used for storage, to make more office space

3 hours ago, Aquacide said:

you'd think, but they are still finding them now in some old houses in London.  they found one about 10 years ago.

I’m sorry but I’m still calling BS here...  :read:

Edited by RiverRaider

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

5 hours ago, Finster said:

He likes to think his material is original....  :dismay:

Well, he's an idiot.

4 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

lets keep it about the dog.

Thread police. :rolleyes:

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around.