Let's Track Benefits of Trump Tax Cuts

Rate this topic

Wayne Tj

Let's use this thread to track the benefits of Trump's tax cut....

Walmart, the United States largest employer, is using the tax cut savings to raise salaries and increase benefits.

I don't yet know what I'll do with my tax savings, but when I do I'll post it here.

I'm really looking forward to hear what Skitter's doing with his tax savings..... oh wait, does he pay taxes? :thumbd:

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

Just now, Wayne Tj said:

I'm really looking forward to hear what Skitter's doing with his tax savings..... oh wait, does he pay taxes?

Doesn't he get a good subsidy on kayaks?

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and regularly,  invariably for the same reason.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

So far very few large companies have announced investments or wage increases. 

And for for the most part they really can’t go nuts 

the companies are owned by shareholders. A CEO can’t just give the money out without consulting with the board and ultimately shareholders 

best to watch what happens over the next few weeks during quarterly earning calls.  It’s likely  every CFO will be asked by analysts “what is you new effective tax rate” and “what are your plans”

it is widely assumed or reported that most savings will go toward dividends and buy backs. Which is a horrible outcome 

but let’s see

s number of large banks report tomorrow and there willl be plenty of discussion on the mechanics for how the tax cuts are being assimilated 

Pacific coast side of Costa Rica, you can fly the family down, rent a decent place on or near the beach, live and fish well, and still have cash left over.

28 mins ago, hamlet said:

Some rich person is getting my tax break because I will rent their beach house this summer to go fishing.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and regularly,  invariably for the same reason.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

My employer announced this week $1,000 cash bonus to all employees earning less than $150,000, sales people excepted. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

"With the corporate rate dropping I'll hire another person in the office."

You can now afford another person in the office.

If they are currently employed, then that is a job offering for an unemployed person, if they aren't currently employed, they can now be.

Either way, WINNING - MAGA.

12 mins ago, wasy said:

With the corporate rate dropping I'll hire another person in the office.

1 hour ago, JohnP said:

So far very few large companies have announced investments or wage increases. 

And for for the most part they really can’t go nuts 

the companies are owned by shareholders. A CEO can’t just give the money out without consulting with the board and ultimately shareholders 

best to watch what happens over the next few weeks during quarterly earning calls.  It’s likely  every CFO will be asked by analysts “what is you new effective tax rate” and “what are your plans”

it is widely assumed or reported that most savings will go toward dividends and buy backs. Which is a horrible outcome 

but let’s see

s number of large banks report tomorrow and there willl be plenty of discussion on the mechanics for how the tax cuts are being assimilated 

Really?  And if they did, would the MSM report it?