mitchellgoosen

WTS Fiberstar SB-1088 9'

16 posts in this topic

Selling 9' fiberstar sb-1088 rated 2-6oz.  Im the second owner, bought earlier last season and used it half a dozen times.  Nice rod, just not a fan of 9' rods ive come to realize.  I was throwing 1oz epoxy jigs at albies with it and it did pretty well, so its got a pretty good range, although I never tested the higher end of it.  Pretty basic build.  Black wraps, no real seat, handle is half cork and half shrink wrap on the lower half. Has 6 guides + tip.  Also has the name Hunter on it near the handle.  Asking $200, meet up on long island.  

Where in Long Island are you located?  What is the condition of the rod?  Can you post a couple of pics with any major nicks in the blank and the guide configuration?

It’s in extremely good shape, couple of small tears on the cork grip and a scuff here and there.  I’m not sure if the butt cap is taped on or the previous owner just wrapped tape around for some extra durability.

Shocked no one has jumped on this. Played with the factory version of the rod again yesterday, feels like it must be one of the nicest heavier 9' rods out there. Despite its rating it's far from a broomstick. Nice soft tip to handle lighter stuff but tons of power.