Billybob

Replacement windows

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Renewal by Anderson is really nice. Expensive though. I don't have them but a friend of mine replaced his windows with them when he bought his house a few years ago. He's very happy with them.

I've installed about 50 Harvey Ind. windows, mostly replacement windows, but a few new construction windows. Some have been in use for 15 years now and are still going strong.  Tons of options, good folks to deal with (at least here in their Dartmouth location), timely turnaround.

Only issue is that they only sell to the trade, not directly to consumers.

The one thing I like about Harvey's is that if something brakes you can get replacement parts.  I had a guy call me and told me that the little clip broke that attaches to the side cord to hold the window up.  The clip cost no more than a dime.  He said he would call and get the part. He waited 2 months and they ended up telling him that they went out of business.  Ended up replacing the hole window.  I told him save the old window for part in the future.  I have had good luck with them. Replaced foggy windows and glass breakage. 

Replacement windows are the way to go if the outside of your house is in good shape.  And if the windows are going to be the same size.  New Construction has a nailing flange, so that means ripping the casing off and a lot more work.  Plus a lot more money to install.   If your replacing the casings thats different. 

Between a HD sale and my veteran discount I got 25% off windows for a rental property of mine. I measured windows as per their specs and ordered. i borrowed a break and made all new flashing around windows. Me and I guy put in 18 windows in a few days. Neither one of us had ever put a window in before. Easy peasy, windows are tight and work just fine. 5 years on them now.

I've been installing Harvey windows for a long time now and really like them. They're just great windows and as stated previously you can get replacement parts easily and their warranty is excellent.