Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DZ

Question about Immigration for DACA and Temporary Protected Status

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

If someone is a dreamer or has been in the Temporary Protected Status program for many years and still wants to stay in this country

couldn't/shouldn't they have applied for citizenship all these years?   I mean if you've been here for 15 years through our countries generosity (and you like it)

you should have at least applied for citizenship?  I've not seen this aspect discussed.   

31 mins ago, DZ said:

If someone is a dreamer or has been in the Temporary Protected Status program for many years and still wants to stay in this country

couldn't/shouldn't they have applied for citizenship all these years?   I mean if you've been here for 15 years through our countries generosity (and you like it)

you should have at least applied for citizenship?  I've not seen this aspect discussed.   

Shhhhhhh......that means they get to stay.  

1 min ago, Riverboat33 said:

You can't apply for citizenship if you are here illegally.

Understood - but these programs were legit.  The Temp Protected Status was set up for Humanitarian relief reasons but the participants never went home.

IMO if they didn't apply for citizenship they have no rights to stay here.

1 min ago, DZ said:

Understood - but these programs were legit.  The Temp Protected Status was set up for Humanitarian relief reasons but the participants never went home.

IMO if they didn't apply for citizenship they have no rights to stay here.

The Temp Protected Status was set up by an EO from Obama, never went through congress.  They are still illegals, just protected illegals.

I believe to apply for citizenship they have to return to Mexico and wait 10 years to apply to return.