DoorGunner

London immigrants.

Rate this topic

312 posts in this topic

So we were in London for two weeks visiting my daughter. From the airport to her flat I could see hundreds of massive cranes in every direction. Building on a scale I've never seen here. I mentioned to the cab driver that things must be going good here in London with all the building. He shook his head no then said it was all foreign money and mostly middle east. Did a lot of walking around London and was amazed at the lack of english I was hearing among others walking. My first thought was that London was loosing it's identity with so many immigrants moving in. 

One evening we were out to a pub for dinner. When I finished I went outside and sat in a chair on the sidewalk just to watch the people walking around and there are a lot of Londoners walking around. They were all moving at a good pace when I noticed this one man walking very slow and staring at me as he walked towards me. He was short and looked middle east to me but I could have been wrong. He kept staring and I stared right back and when he got close he quickly looked away. Then walked past about ten feet then turned and moved towards me and spit at my feet. For an old guy I was up on my feet pretty fast and the little guy quickly took off towards the corner then crossed the street. Now he walked back down the street and again continued to stare at me. I thought he may cross and walk back to me but he didn't. 

The next day we were touring Parliament when an English guard came up to me to tell me I couldn't take pictures from inside one of the rooms. He shook my hand and said no problem as we walked out into a hallway. He was looking at my Vietnam Veterans hat and told me he lost a good friend over there and we talked about it for a few minutes. Then I mentioned what happened the night before and he apologized then told me that the middle easterners don't like the American Military. He then smiled and said that if I had beat the crap out of him we both would have been taken into custody and he would have been held overnight and they would have shook my hand, patted me on the back and taken me back to the restaurant. He smiled and said "we love Americans" All in all it was a very nice trip. The British are very nice people, when you can find them.   

I have found that most of the native French and Germans are nice people as well, when you can find them.

I also find it interesting that even with the close proximity of Italy, they do not have this problem. 

Sounds like you had a good trip. It could have been because you'e a vet or if you had the bottom of you're feet pointed out while you were seated. Those "people" take it as in insult. I found that out the fun way once. 

8 mins ago, Shaky86 said:

Sounds like you had a good trip. It could have been because you'e a vet or if you had the bottom of you're feet pointed out while you were seated. Those "people" take it as in insult. I found that out the fun way once. 

There you have it feet pointed out middle fingures up!

I find it interesting that people leave places because they are backwards, repressive ****holes, go to places like England, and then complain that their new home is not like the ****hole they just left.

6 mins ago, Belmo said:

I find it interesting that people leave places because they are backwards, repressive ****holes, go to places like England, and then complain that their new home is not like the ****hole they just left.

The only difference between these people and Arabs are the Middle East did learn how to write and use concrete, others than that , they are all the same

91D61038-079B-452B-AE49-154952E258E2.jpeg.70306673a15dbf540c3abfb1abd07d2f.jpeg

Just now, redfishkiller said:

The only difference between these people and Arabs are the Middle East did learn how to write and use concrete, others than that , they are all the same

91D61038-079B-452B-AE49-154952E258E2.jpeg.70306673a15dbf540c3abfb1abd07d2f.jpeg

Yeah but they could hit you with a spear from 60 yards. 

6 mins ago, Tom T said:

Lol, did red just post something from the Klan??  :laugh: 

Just posting the facts sir!!

don’t shoot/spear the messenger!!!

Edited by redfishkiller

17 mins ago, Belmo said:

Frelmo,

In all seriousness, the same occurs down here.  Know it all liberal from NJ, MA, CT, etc. move down here, complaining about insane property taxes and such and then vote for the same very same policies that created the problem in the first place.

You ever met someone new to your community/state and within a month of them living there they can tell you what's wrong with your home?  

Infuriating.  And a very, very, very common occurrence.

1 min ago, JaseB said:

Frelmo,

In all seriousness, the same occurs down here.  Know it all liberal from NJ, MA, CT, etc. move down here, complaining about insane property taxes and such and then vote for the same very same policies that created the problem in the first place.

You ever met someone new to your community/state and within a month of them living there they can tell you what's wrong with your home?  

Africa > north east! Fact!

1 min ago, JaseB said:

What's up with the fact that all the pizza down there sucks. Sucks! Why can't I get good pizza like I can get in Brooklyn!