youngsalt

Reel Giveaway

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

I joined this site almost a decade and a half ago and learned a ton over that span. Even after moving from New England to Texas, I continue to read this site everyday. I'd like to give back to Tim and everyone here by doing a reel giveaway. 

I'm looking to send a new Shimano Sienna 2500 to a young person in need of some gear (new to fishing, not in a financial position to buy etc etc). I'm not looking to add to someone's extensive collection so if you have a bunch of reels at home please allow someone else the opportunity to win. 

Rules: 

Must be 17 years old or younger 

Must have been a member of SOL prior to the time of this post 

You CAN enter on someone's behalf if they are not registered

I reserve the right to remove ANYONE from the contest at my discretion 

To enter, respond in this thread by saying "I'm in" then send me a private message with your age (or the age of the person who's behalf you are entering) and a sentence describing why you could use this reel. 

I'll close this contest on Sunday  1/14/2018 at 11:59PM eastern time or after 50 people enter. Once I get the list, I'll enter them into a random generator to select the winner, and I'll announce it in this thread. 

Happy New Year! 

IMG_1533.JPG

17 hours ago, youngsalt said:

I joined this site almost a decade and a half ago and learned a ton over that span. Even after moving from New England to Texas, I continue to read this site everyday. I'd like to give back to Tim and everyone here by doing a reel giveaway. 

I'm looking to send a new Shimano Sienna 2500 to a young person in need of some gear (new to fishing, not in a financial position to buy etc etc). I'm not looking to add to someone's extensive collection so if you have a bunch of reels at home please allow someone else the opportunity to win. 

Rules: 

To enter, respond in this thread by saying "I'm in" then send me a private message with your age (or the age of the person who's behalf you are entering) and a sentence describing why you could use this reel. 

I'll close this contest on Sunday  1/14/2018 at 11:59PM eastern time or after 50 people enter. Once I get the list, I'll enter them into a random generator to select the winner, and I'll announce it in this thread. 

Happy New Year! 

Fairly new to Sol, How do I send you a pm?

5 mins ago, topwaterflounder said:

How many posts?

Assuming I won't make the cut if there's any sort of limit.

Best way to make a great first impression (and be well-accepted) here is to read the rules, many of which are posted at the very top of the BST Forum:  http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/forum/11-buyselltrade-forums/

Having said that, WELCOME TO SOL!!

6 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

Best way to make a great first impression (and be well-accepted) here is to read the rules, many of which are posted at the very top of the BST Forum:  http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/forum/11-buyselltrade-forums/

Having said that, WELCOME TO SOL!!

Thanks for the advice and welcome.Sorry to be a hassle.

22 mins ago, topwaterflounder said:

Thanks for the advice and welcome.Sorry to be a hassle.

No need to apologize.  You're not being a hassle at all.  We all started here the same way:  With our post #1.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:40 PM, youngsalt said:

Rules: 

Happy New Year! 

IMG_1533.JPG

Im in but I have only been a member since last sunday and do not have the ability to send a pm. But I am 15 and that reel would be great for sabiki rigging for many different saltwater species.

Edited by Frog