youngsalt

Reel Giveaway

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

I joined this site almost a decade and a half ago and learned a ton over that span. Even after moving from New England to Texas, I continue to read this site everyday. I'd like to give back to Tim and everyone here by doing a reel giveaway. 

 

I'm looking to send a new Shimano Sienna 2500 to a young person in need of some gear (new to fishing, not in a financial position to buy etc etc). I'm not looking to add to someone's extensive collection so if you have a bunch of reels at home please allow someone else the opportunity to win. 

 

Rules: 

Must be 17 years old or younger 

Must have been a member of SOL prior to the time of this post 

You CAN enter on someone's behalf if they are not registered

I reserve the right to remove ANYONE from the contest at my discretion 

 

To enter, respond in this thread by saying "I'm in" then send me a private message with your age (or the age of the person who's behalf you are entering) and a sentence describing why you could use this reel. 

 

I'll close this contest on Sunday  1/14/2018 at 11:59PM eastern time or after 50 people enter. Once I get the list, I'll enter them into a random generator to select the winner, and I'll announce it in this thread. 

 

 Happy New Year! 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1533.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, youngsalt said:

I joined this site almost a decade and a half ago and learned a ton over that span. Even after moving from New England to Texas, I continue to read this site everyday. I'd like to give back to Tim and everyone here by doing a reel giveaway. 

 

I'm looking to send a new Shimano Sienna 2500 to a young person in need of some gear (new to fishing, not in a financial position to buy etc etc). I'm not looking to add to someone's extensive collection so if you have a bunch of reels at home please allow someone else the opportunity to win. 

 

Rules: 

Must be 17 years old or younger 

Must have been a member of SOL prior to the time of this post 

You CAN enter on someone's behalf if they are not registered

I reserve the right to remove ANYONE from the contest at my discretion 

 

To enter, respond in this thread by saying "I'm in" then send me a private message with your age (or the age of the person who's behalf you are entering) and a sentence describing why you could use this reel. 

 

I'll close this contest on Sunday  1/14/2018 at 11:59PM eastern time or after 50 people enter. Once I get the list, I'll enter them into a random generator to select the winner, and I'll announce it in this thread. 

 

 Happy New Year! 

 

 

 

 

 

Fairly new to Sol, How do I send you a pm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, topwaterflounder said:

How many posts?

Assuming I won't make the cut if there's any sort of limit.

Best way to make a great first impression (and be well-accepted) here is to read the rules, many of which are posted at the very top of the BST Forum:  http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/forum/11-buyselltrade-forums/

 

Having said that, WELCOME TO SOL!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

Best way to make a great first impression (and be well-accepted) here is to read the rules, many of which are posted at the very top of the BST Forum:  http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/forum/11-buyselltrade-forums/

 

Having said that, WELCOME TO SOL!!

Thanks for the advice and welcome.Sorry to be a hassle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 mins ago, topwaterflounder said:

Thanks for the advice and welcome.Sorry to be a hassle.

No need to apologize.  You're not being a hassle at all.  We all started here the same way:  With our post #1.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 11:40 PM, youngsalt said:

I joined this site almost a decade and a half ago and learned a ton over that span. Even after moving from New England to Texas, I continue to read this site everyday. I'd like to give back to Tim and everyone here by doing a reel giveaway. 

 

I'm looking to send a new Shimano Sienna 2500 to a young person in need of some gear (new to fishing, not in a financial position to buy etc etc). I'm not looking to add to someone's extensive collection so if you have a bunch of reels at home please allow someone else the opportunity to win. 

 

Rules: 

Must be 17 years old or younger 

Must have been a member of SOL prior to the time of this post 

You CAN enter on someone's behalf if they are not registered

I reserve the right to remove ANYONE from the contest at my discretion 

 

To enter, respond in this thread by saying "I'm in" then send me a private message with your age (or the age of the person who's behalf you are entering) and a sentence describing why you could use this reel. 

 

I'll close this contest on Sunday  1/14/2018 at 11:59PM eastern time or after 50 people enter. Once I get the list, I'll enter them into a random generator to select the winner, and I'll announce it in this thread. 

 

 Happy New Year! 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1533.JPG

Im in but I have only been a member since last sunday and do not have the ability to send a pm. But I am 15 and that reel would be great for sabiki rigging for many different saltwater species.

Edited by Frog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.