cashews121

Scale

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

32 mins ago, chitala383 said:

What kind of scale are you looking for? A food type scale (like a small bathroom scale) or a hanging scale?

Fish scale,hook style

The Dr. Meter PS01 scale is pretty good and around $15. A buddy borrowed it while back and haven't gotten it back. Lol. I have a bunch of stuff of his so I guess what goes around......

Also the Rapala Touch I heard is good, but that one has a lower max weight. The Dr. Meter was good to about 100lbs. Maybe more have to look it up. 

1 hour ago, DaveBKNY said:

The Dr. Meter PS01 scale is pretty good and around $15. A buddy borrowed it while back and haven't gotten it back. Lol. I have a bunch of stuff of his so I guess what goes around......

Also the Rapala Touch I heard is good, but that one has a lower max weight. The Dr. Meter was good to about 100lbs. Maybe more have to look it up. 

Looks like it has a very small hook..this was not an issue?

cabelas 9 bucks. Tested it against two county registered and inspected scales. Right on money. Had it for two years. carry it in a watertight container. My knock off boga i use for rough estimates.

20180111_031538.jpg

I use something similar to what is pictured, Amazon luggage scale, and it’s close enough for me.

I use those plastic vice grip style fish grippers, there is a hole in handle, and that slips right onto the scales hook. Easy and fast.

6 hours ago, cashews121 said:

Looks like it has a very small hook..this was not an issue?

I looked up a new one and mine looked different. It had a larger hook. Don't know if it was changed or not. Come to think of it it may have been changed because I had one of those small oval screw link connectors that held the hook. I could take that hook off and the one I'm seeing on line doesn't look like you can. Maybe you can do the same.