JohnP

Albums that you listened to over and over...

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

What stuff did you discover growing up that when you got it, for whatever reason, it was that good, and you played it over and over...?

 

heres some of mine

 

the classic rock was mid 70s the alternative was early 80s as well as the jazz and classical shortly after

 

 

1F1C92B2-E30C-42F4-8389-124E02F27366.jpeg

5210A889-BB78-481C-950B-11132678FF97.jpeg

602BFCAD-3BFB-4131-8088-FB16B1DED0B3.jpeg

FBD6BC1E-06EC-483D-AC0A-A02DAF5DB0E3.jpeg

40D4EC2C-9D73-4A80-AA27-C5EE0C0E1008.jpeg

2FAF2EAE-5080-4044-975A-D4213D050848.jpeg

EB401C1D-36AD-4BE8-B622-9DA3A5B5E6A9.jpeg

D152209A-25AA-4CF9-803E-739EFFCE33A6.jpeg

16D6B7C7-FCB8-47EE-9A8B-B6CC50663128.jpeg

0B44704B-F24D-43FF-BD8E-CB32AFAA0666.jpeg

14C9C848-6A26-457F-A87D-7071286008A2.jpeg

90B0EFEA-B626-435B-851D-5029519AF198.jpeg

Edited by JohnP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billy Joel - Glass Houses

AC/DC - Back in Black

Scorpions - Love at First Sting

Ozzy - Blizzard of Oz

Def Lepard - Pyromania

Van Halen - 1984

Guns and Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Beastie Boys - License to Ill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, JoeyZac said:

Billy Joel - Glass Houses

AC/DC - Back in Black

Scorpions - Love at First Sting

Ozzy - Blizzard of Oz

Def Lepard - Pyromania

Van Halen - 1984

Guns and Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Beastie Boys - License to Ill

 

Yes Billy Joel the Stranger

AC/DC Back in Black 

Buddies were really into Black Sabbath so got a steady dose of Ozzy /Sabbath as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, JohnP said:

 

Yes Billy Joel the Stranger

AC/DC Back in Black 

Buddies were really into Black Sabbath so got a steady dose of Ozzy /Sabbath as well 

 

I was born in 68, and didn't really get into music till high school.  Sabbath was just a touch before my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

 

I was born in 68, and didn't really get into music till high school.  Sabbath was just a touch before my time.

 

I had two older sisters and my Dad was really into music 

 

my dad ruled the record player in the living room by day, mostly Hank Williams and Johnny Cash type stuff. But I mean he would play the whole collection and nobody was allowed to change the records that were on deck. 

 

Mom took over in the late afternoon or evening. She was very active in 60s civil rights stuff. She liked folk and singer songwriter stuff.

 

My sisters would go in their room and blast early Beatles Yardbirds, Clapton, Dereck/Dominos, Allman, Neil Young so that’s how i was programmed from Kindetgarden on.

 

my first Album was the Allman Brothers I remember that. My sister would not loan it to me. But this was all vinyl so it could easily get scratched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom listened to all kids of stuff that I had no interest in, like Willie Nelson, Ray Orbison (though I do like some of his songs), and Elvis.

 

Dad was too busy working, and never really had much time for music, though he did introduce me to Star Trek, The Dukes, Wonder Woman and I Dream of Jeannie.  Never really could figure out why he watched those last two till I got older.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

My mom listened to all kids of stuff that I had no interest in, like Willie Nelson, Ray Orbison (though I do like some of his songs), and Elvis.

 

Dad was too busy working, and never really had much time for music, though he did introduce me to Star Trek, The Dukes, Wonder Woman and I Dream of Jeannie.  Never really could figure out why he watched those last two till I got older.

 

I think my father liked the episodes when the Cat Woman was on Batman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.