flyangler

Was Sen DiFi Pressured to Release FusionGPS Testimony?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Was Diane Feinstein pressured to release the FusionGPS founder's testimony? Sure sounds like that with this slip of her tongue. And given the relatively rare breach of protocol this was, it is believable that there was heat applied to her to get it out there quickly. 

So why? Who benefits from this being out there? What message where they trying to counter with its release? Was there concern that FGPS and Steele were losing credibility? 

REPORT: Dianne Feinstein Says Someone ‘Pressured’ Her To Release Fusion GPS Transcripts, Backtracks
“I just got pressured, and I didn’t do it.”

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) appears to have made a startling revelation about why she released the Fusion GPS transcripts on Tuesday — she was “pressured” to do so.

The revelation came from CNN Congressional Correspondent Manu Raju, who tweeted: "FEINSTEIN says she’s sorry to Grassley for not giving him a headsup about the release of the Fusion GPS transcript. 'I meant to tell him, and I didn’t have a chance to tell him, and that concerns me,' she told us. 'I just got pressured, and I didn’t do it.'"

Sean Davis, co-founder of The Federalist, was the first to notice the overlooked detail and was quick to point out its potential seriousness. Davis tweeted: "Wait. She was 'pressured?' By whom? That seems like a pretty huge detail. Was it a donor? A party boss? Federal officials? Who 'pressured' her?"

UPDATE: Feinstein later claimed, according to Raju, that she was not pressured to release the transcripts and her office claimed that she "misspoke."

Edited by tomkaz

She must have an alter ego in there somewhere or maybe she is just nuts.

Her statements make absolutely no sense what so ever, so either she is covering for someone and refuses to tell us, or she has lost her cognitive functions.

Cognitive Dissonance is a big problem for Democrats these days.

Edited by Jay Blair

Joey, no different than Mexico will pay for it to now the US tax payer will pay for it. Righties do it all the time. No biggie. Change a word here or there. No biggie. 

7 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Joey, no different than Mexico will pay for it to now the US tax payer will pay for it. Righties do it all the time. No biggie. Change a word here or there. No biggie. 

Please salty! The last administration was famous for mispeaking. Christ, he coined the phrase. But no biggie, right?

32 mins ago, Markushook said:

Please salty! The last administration was famous for mispeaking. Christ, he coined the phrase. But no biggie, right?

This administration always speaks the truth, what’s trumps words?, believe me. The response was directed to Joey and how he only stated the left does it. Please, give me a break, the left doesn’t hold that significant distinction at all as the only. Heck the right now takes that award and it will take many years of lies to equal this clown. 

16 mins ago, albacized said:

She claims she had a bad cold, which may have slowed up her mental capacities....which is why she released these transcripts LOL

Then she should stay home, and shut up.

Keep the crazy germs confined to her home.

Why does she forget about doing for the 'greater good' when she's ill? There is no greater good than not spreading your cold.

z.png.7b197a1b8173c14f16ed8b606cd73f19.png

Democratic California Sen. Dianne Feinstein suggested a “bad cold” may have impaired her mental faculties and caused her to release Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson’s testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee without telling committee chairman Chuck Grassley.

Feinstein published Simpson’s testimony on Tuesday, catching Republicans by surprise. Simpson’s testimony, taken during August of last year, covered his firm’s role in producing the infamous anti-Trump dossier for the Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee.

Feinstein, 84, expressed regret on Wednesday for keeping Sen. Grassley in the dark, and suggested it was because of a “bad cold.”

“The one regret I have is that I should have spoke with Senator Grassley before,” she told NBC News. “And I don’t make an excuse but I’ve had a bad cold and maybe that slowed down my mental facilities [sic] a little bit.”

Grassley said Tuesday that Feinstein’s decision to abruptly publish the documents was “confounding” and said he expected the documents to be released “when we both agreed to release it.”

1 hour ago, albacized said:

She claims she had a bad cold, which may have slowed up her mental capacities....which is why she released these transcripts LOL

I don’t think it was the cold but the medicine she took to relieve symptoms. NyQuil has a warning about operating machinery and making decisions related to the release of closed-door testimonies. 

11 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Is it really hard to believe that Feinstein was confused and misspoke?

If no, what's your thought on who may have pressured her?

I don't believe that Feinstein was confused or her release of the transcripts  was inadvertent (that she "misspoke")  since  she is known for her scrupulous observance of Senate protocols.

2 mins ago, lichum said:

I don't believe that Feinstein was confused or her release of the transcripts  was inadvertent (that she "misspoke")  since  she is known for her scrupulous observance of Senate protocols.

Then who could lean on a sitting Senator, and make her act against her usual judgment?