Marty

Van Staal reels selling for $$$$

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

Just now, Marty said:

You fish fresh water. I understand 

That isn't what I meant, I fish saltwater.I just don't fish beaches that will get my reel wet.I don't need  the additional seals that make the reel what it costs.

I do understand he need for van staals in other areas though.

Hey Marty, Your the only guy on any forum, that claimed that he sold his VS reels  for more than he paid after years of fishing them. Really?

There are plenty of good deals on VS reels in the BST right now. Some selling for LESS than some Shimanos.

No one is gonna make a profit on any used VS anywhere. If you really want a good deal on a VS, then buy a good used VS. I mean the REAL VS, not the VR.

Edited by Tagman
misspell

29 mins ago, Marty said:

Lot of guys like to use VS. lots of guys don’t like them. If VS reels sold for $399, same price as a good Shimano would you buy a VS ?  Be honest. 

So, I have a Saragossa and am interested in a VR150. For quality and being supposedly dunk “proof.” $500 for the VS. I’ve never heard horror stories on these, should I stay with Gosa? Sorry if I hijacked this thread 

10 mins ago, Tagman said:

Hey Marty, Your the only guy on any forum, that claimed that he sold his VS reels  for more than he paid after years of fishing them. Really?

There are plenty of good deals on VS reels in the BST right now. Some selling for LESS than some Shimanos.

No one is gonna make a profit on any used VS anywhere. If you really want a good deal on a VS, then buy a good used VS. I mean the REAL VS, not the VR.

Your a day late. So many guys bought VS reels in the last year or two. There is a lot for sale now. Most of the ones I sold was just before VS stoped making the 300. I sold 3- 300 for $600. Paid $350/$400. Two of my VS 200. Sold for $600 also. Paid $400. My 150 VS sold  $550 paid $450. My 2 VS 400. Sold one for $1850 paid $900. Will be selling my last VS 400 very soon. I made money on every VS I sold.  Never did I ever had any service done. One line roller on my 100 VS.  the black USA VS 300 in picture I just sold that for $550. Paid $350. I used all these reels for 25 years and sold them for more money then I paid. 

3E1BC894-4E60-4919-B063-9FC5E36B2C9A.jpeg

3 mins ago, mybosox3 said:

So, I have a Saragossa and am interested in a VR150. For quality and being supposedly dunk “proof.” $500 for the VS. I’ve never heard horror stories on these, should I stay with Gosa? Sorry if I hijacked this thread 

I have two of those reels I use for my boat. I like them and use them. If your using them for boat. Keep them. Great reel. I don’t say that to any reel but VS. your a smart man for buying them. 

1 min ago, Marty said:

Your a day late. So many guys bought VS reels in the last year or two. There is a lot for sale now. Most of the ones I sold was just before VS stoped making the 300. I sold 3- 300 for $600. Paid $350/$400. Two of my VS 200. Sold for $600 also. Paid $400. My 150 VS sold  $550 paid $450. My 2 VS 400. Sold one for $1850 paid $900. Will be selling my last VS 400 very soon. I made money on every VS I sold.  Never did I ever had any service done. One line roller on my 100 VS.  the black USA VS 300 in picture I just sold that for $550. Paid $350. I used all these reels for 25 years and sold them for more money then I paid. 

3E1BC894-4E60-4919-B063-9FC5E36B2C9A.jpeg

Holy Sh-t! I’m goin into business with Marty!

22 mins ago, Tagman said:

You are correct. You can get a great deal now. Lots of guys are selling out. I just picked up these 3 reels. All for $1375   One was from that lure guy. Goo goo man?  He makes lures. Nice guy. He also send me a free lure. 

9C006FD2-98F7-4332-A738-A5DE99C40923.jpeg

4 mins ago, Marty said:

I have two of those reels I use for my boat. I like them and use them. If your using them for boat. Keep them. Great reel. I don’t say that to any reel but VS. your a smart man for buying them. 

The other problem I have is buying used..., like to buy new.

2 mins ago, Tagman said:

BTW, I sold a mint US 300 a few year back, and I had to sell it cheap. It was the least desirable model because of the size. 

That correct. I got lucky. I did sell it because I feel the 300 was just to big. VS company must of said the same.  My 300 was sold one year before they stoped selling. I wish I keep my 275 VS. I miss that one 

3 mins ago, mybosox3 said:

The other problem I have is buying used..., like to buy new.

Me to. I like new. But, as someone said, there are deals out there with VS reels. Why guys got them and selling ? It’s a fast $500. If you need the money you will sell it fast. 

Edited by Marty