DoorGunner

Water temps 2018 from Wildwood.

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

Not the best way to start this thread. Had to smash a hole in the ice to get my thermometer into the water. Will post the water temps from right off our dock daily so we can see whats is happening and when it's worth our while to wet a line. Nothing fancy here, just an old fashioned aquarium thermometer on the end of a line that I can lower in to the water or through a hole in the ice. 

January.  10th. 27.   11th. 27.

Edited by DoorGunner

1 hour ago, crazybellringer said:

the internet says it's 38 out front in ocean county.

I might take some cast at sundown this weekend. 

I guess they didn't have to chop through five inches of ice out front in ocean county.  

• Station 44065 - New York Harbor Entrance - 15 NM SE of Breezy Point , NY January 10, 2018
    January 10, 2018 4:50 pm EST Location: 40.369N 73.703W Wind Direction: S (170°) Wind Speed: 7.8 knots Wind Gust: 9.7 knots Significant Wave Height: 1.0 ft Dominant Wave Period: 11 sec Average Period: 5.1 sec Mean Wave Direction: SE (135°) Atmospheric Pressure: 30.44 in (1030.7 mb) Pressure Tendency: +0.00 in (+0.0 mb) Air Temperature: 40.5°F (4.7°C) Dew Point: 32.7°F (0.4°C) Water Temperature: 41.2°F (5.1°C) […
  • Station SDHN4 - 8531680 - Sandy Hook, NJ January 10, 2018
    January 10, 2018 5:18 pm EST Location: 40.467N 74.009W Wind Direction: SSE (160°) Wind Speed: 6.0 knots Wind Gust: 8.0 knots Atmospheric Pressure: 30.47 in (1031.8 mb) Air Temperature: 35.6°F (2.0°C) Water Temperature: 30.0°F (-1.1°C)

seawater freezes at about 28.4 degrees Fahrenheit , because of the salt in it.     

1.4 away from breakout, hell the daylight is already getting longer. Fluke could be already starting the journey back to Wildwood. 

Was going to post todays temp by editing my original post. I did it yesterday but today there is no EDIT icon. Can we only edit one time? Anyone know? 

there is a small time window for edits post to keep people from changing things down the road.  there was a time when you could change thread titles when ever you wanted that made for some great fun.