Ditch Trolls' Breakfast on Sun, 1/21/18: All are welcome!

Rate this topic

Southcoastphil

Theres a breakfast place a couple of doors down from M&D   M&D's then Cumberland Farms and in the next building.?   

35 mins ago, Fiske27 said:

Phil,Narrows crossing,great place for food.walking dist. from M&d's for spring sale/meeting.

A good time had by one and all who attended the breakfast at Leo/s Good to see a couple of the new names and faces. Especially the young men among us. Sharing between age brackets can only be a positive thing for the future of our fishing world./

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

11 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

A good time had by one and all who attended the breakfast at Leo/s Good to see a couple of the new names and faces. Especially the young men among us. Sharing between age brackets can only be a positive thing for the future of our fishing world./

I hear that !!  hope to be able to attend one in the future :howdy:

On 1/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, Southcoastphil said:

REMINDER:  We will have a plug swap, which is purely optional.

Had a great time at the breakfast and met some great people. From talking about the ditch massacre this summer to teasers and casting eggs, I learned a lot and hope to keep learning more. Also ended up with a classic gibbs danny during the plug swap!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. -Thoreau

11 mins ago, FEW3 said:

Stinks to not have gone. I just kept second guessing Saturday night if I should bring the rats. 

They are just too prone to telling stories of how " dad does stupid things fishing the canal ".

Ahhh, stupid things while fishing. 

Like falling out of a tree ice fishing...... :laugh:

troll #122  <*)))<

1 hour ago, FEW3 said:

Stinks to not have gone. I just kept second guessing Saturday night if I should bring the rats. 

They are just too prone to telling stories of how " dad does stupid things fishing the canal ".

TBYRD asked the same question prior to our last breakfast, ("should I bring my young son fishing buddy?") and his son Evan had a great time.

I always look forward to seeing some kids when I walk in the the door at Leo's.  As Carl (A#1) put it earlier in this thread, (and I'm paraphrasing) "Its great to see young people here, for they are the stewards of the future." 

And if you think that your kids telling stories about "stupid things you did at the canal" might embarrass you, we have more stories about all of us doing stooopid stuff, seeing stupid stuff, etc., than could be told in hours and hours.  Heck, they could even ask any of us, "What's the stupidest thing that YOU have done on the canal?", and we'd all pipe up!

Please join us next time.  Bring your team.  You will all be welcomed.

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Ahhh, stupid things while fishing. 

Like falling out of a tree ice fishing...... :laugh:

Mike,

Were you trying to retrieve an AH plug from the tree?

Why were you casting?

Oh, wait, TARGET CASTING!!!

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher