Little

The Seattle sugar tax

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

Its steep enough that local stores are instructing people how to avoid the tax:

DSz2SYTV4AAeXmn.jpg

Question for leftists.  If you were in a leadership position in the City of Seattle*, would you encourage such behavior in businesses, or would you discourage it?

*Im not saying you guys are like the democrat homomayor of Seattle that finally stepped down after the FIFTH young  boy stepped forward to say this guy tried to marry them.  I doubt you guys would do that.  But some other Seattle leader, someone that helped impose the tax.

That gay mayor said the money is going to be used to help people "get access to fruits* and vegetables"

As a conservative and patriot, I have no idea what he means there..  What does he mean?

*Again, not what you are thinking!  He means apples and what not.  Not wives and all that.

13 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Good.  That city deserves every BS law and ramification they have heaped upon themselves.

How does confiscating around 15 million dollars (their guess) help people get access to vegetables?

Just now, Little said:

How does confiscating around 15 million dollars (their guess) help people get access to vegetables?

I don't know.  I don't care.  All I do know is that the policy sounds like it sucks, and I love when it when idiot Progressives **** themselves over with their stupid laws.

Good.  ****'em.  They deserve it, and I'm happy to see them suffer.

I hope that businesses go bankrupt and the city fails over BS like this.

I am glad the Progs get the taxes they voted for in Seattle. 

But, if they voted for the type of politicians that are in favor of taxing everything under the sun, why the coaching on how to avoid the taxes you voted for?

It would make more sense to coach these tax loving Progs on how to maximize the government skim.

One of our Progressive members will be along to show me the error of my ways, I hope.

7 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

I don't know.  I don't care.  All I do know is that the policy sounds like it sucks, and I love when it when idiot Progressives **** themselves over with their stupid laws.

Good.  ****'em.  They deserve it, and I'm happy to see them suffer.

I hope that businesses go bankrupt and the city fails over BS like this.

I do, thats why I ask.

Some guy named Kreiger with some gummit commission in Seattle says that they actually want to "help people" by forcing them to behave as they wish and not buy Gatorade.  Any leftys here think his is a moral use of force?  I dont, and I guess you dont either.  Right?

1 min ago, Little said:

I do, thats why I ask.

Some guy named Kreiger with some gummit commission in Seattle says that they actually want to "help people" by forcing them to behave as they wish and not buy Gatorade.  Any leftys here think his is a moral use of force?  I dont, and I guess you dont either.  Right?

It comes down to if you believe a persons health is an individual right, or if the common good is better served by having a healthy population. 

If you believe in the common good theory, how far are you willing to let the government go to pick your diet?

2 mins ago, Little said:

I do, thats why I ask.

Well, you just went from "how does this help people get vegetables" to "is this a moral use of force?"  To me that looks like you're flailing.

All I'm interested in putting out there is that when Progressives **** themselves over, I take joy in it, and yes, I am saying that I would enjoy seeing an American city fail.

Maybe that would help put their minds right.

7 mins ago, dena said:

or if the common good is better served by having a healthy population. 

Yeah, thats a bit disturbing.  Been done before, didnt turn out good.

5997a8a91f24110dcc26bc48f766a236--girl-p