State 4x4 and federal registry?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Yes.  You can get it online, a pain in the ass, or by phone. You will be asked for it, along with license and registration, when you go for the beach driving permit.  Got mine today.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go to NJ , ever, you will also need the NJ Registry. Same process. NJ Div. of Fish and Wildlife will get you there.

Either way once you are in which is a PITA for NY and NJ both, it becomes much easier to update. Your code # is a tracker for your info. Both are free.

The state 4X4 is purchased at a variety of places. Belmont State Park, I believe it's the second exit #38 on the southern state or Montauk Downs, sign is on 27 east of the town. There are other locations. That one goes at about $65.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, the 4x4 permit is up to $80 this year.


From Parks Dept website:

FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE BEACH VEHICLE FISHING PERMIT Requirements: Fee of $80.00, $125-Out of State, Vehicle Registration, Driver’s License and DEC Marine registry is required.


Permit is ONLY valid for fishing at:

Hither Hills (Year round)

Montauk Point (Year round)

Napeague (Year round)

Robert Moses (Democrat Point and Sore Thumb) - April 1 - December 31, hours vary


Sold at: Babylon Headquarters - Permit Office (beginning January 2nd), Jones Beach, Montauk Downs, Robert Moses and Sunken Meadow Permits are only sold January 1 – March 31 and the Tuesday after Labor Day - December 31.

Edited by Suebert2

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.