codfish

Fish report 2018 Cape Cod Bay to the back side of Provincetown "Sand Eel City"

1,174 posts in this topic

Be safe on the water 

Ptown back side

Today
Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
Tonight
Variable winds 5 kt or less. Increasing clouds. Seas around 3 ft.
Sunday
SW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
Sunday Night
S wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 3 ft.
Monday
SSW wind 10 to 14 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
Monday Night
SSW wind around 14 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 1am. Seas around 3 ft.
Tuesday
S wind 13 to 16 kt increasing to 16 to 19 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Tuesday Night
S wind 15 to 18 kt becoming ENE after midnight. Showers likely. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 4 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
Wednesday
N wind 16 to 18 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 4 to 5 ft.

Thanks Cod. We are heading over this Friday AM anticipating a pretty good adventure with time of year the amount of bait and the approaching moon. All we need are the gods to bestow good luck. It was diff when Nelson’s was open cuz I always ran into someone I hadn’t seen in a year or met someone new. And eels. Shoot I miss that place

6 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

:)So do I though the guys that worked there were never much help

Especially that guy from Vermont / LI

:D

11 hours ago, catatonic said:

Saw an acre of baby bonito fly out of the water with giants busting on them 200 yards off the beach today at RP

Can’t wait

Looks like it’s fixin to be a pretty good weekend commin up. The stars are aligning And hopefully the fish gods will shine a light of luck upon us. My karma is good. My hooks are sharp. Re spooled 5 rods. Tied new fluoro leaders on all. Have more plugs,tins,jigs and swimmers than 3 of the average bears. Already laid in my supplies 1 to 1 beer and water. What am I forgetting ?

17 mins ago, Kones1 said:

Looks like it’s fixin to be a pretty good weekend commin up. The stars are aligning And hopefully the fish gods will shine a light of luck upon us. My karma is good. My hooks are sharp. Re spooled 5 rods. Tied new fluoro leaders on all. Have more plugs,tins,jigs and swimmers than 3 of the average bears. Already laid in my supplies 1 to 1 beer and water. What am I forgetting ?

What do you hope to catch??

Stripers. But the variety of fish there makes it exciting. In years past we caught stripers,blues, bonito and have thrown to bluefin to no avail. To see the amount of life out there in the fall is worth the effort even with no fishing.  My son is now 33 and spending this time together just he and I and my coondog is pretty special