Fish report 2018 Cape Cod Bay to the back side of Provincetown "Sand Eel City"

Rate this topic

codfish

Foggy as heck at dawn this morning in the bay.  Had my adult daughter, teen son, and one of his friends with me as we walked out with two kayaks on the dropping tide.   Found our spot a little late and didn’t do much on the outgoing, but the fog burned off in time to let us get to my preferred spot for the first 90 if the incoming.   Picked at bass from 12 to 26 inched with one keeper brought in and kept for striper cakes in camp tomorrow.   Spent the rest of the day in ptown and had a really good meal at Local 186.   

Back out in the morning and tomorrow night  to take my 3 year old granddaughter with mommy for the outgoing heading into sunset.  Hoping the weather cooperates again.  My little sweetie keeps asking to go fishing. :)

NOBODY here has a pass to blow out someone else's candle in order to make theirs shine brighter. TLDig[

8 hours ago, passiton said:

Foggy as heck at dawn this morning in the bay.  Had my adult daughter, teen son, and one of his friends with me as we walked out with two kayaks on the dropping tide.   Found our spot a little late and didn’t do much on the outgoing, but the fog burned off in time to let us get to my preferred spot for the first 90 if the incoming.   Picked at bass from 12 to 26 inched with one keeper brought in and kept for striper cakes in camp tomorrow.   Spent the rest of the day in ptown and had a really good meal at Local 186.   

Back out in the morning and tomorrow night  to take my 3 year old granddaughter with mommy for the outgoing heading into sunset.  Hoping the weather cooperates again.  My little sweetie keeps asking to go fishing. :)

Local 186 is great.

You dont have to swim faster than the shark........you only have to swim faster than your slowest friend.

Is that bakery still there? I went to where I thought it was and there was a bar in its place.  I may have been way off though.    I grabbed a mini banana cream pie from the bakery just down from Bubaloos in that indoor market space.   Pretty damned good!

Fog was worse this morning.   Two of were disoriented for the first few hours and couldn’t find the sweet spot on the outgoing.  Fog lifted and we were wayyyyy off.   Picked at some little guys on the incoming.  

Edited by passiton

NOBODY here has a pass to blow out someone else's candle in order to make theirs shine brighter. TLDig[

22 mins ago, passiton said:

Ian that bakery still there? I went to where I bought it was and there was a bar in its place.  I may have been way off though.    I grabbed a mini banana cream pie from the bakery just down from Bubaloos in that indoor market space.   Pretty damned good!

Fog was worse this morning.   Two of were disoriented for the first few hours and couldn’t find the sweet spot on the outgoing.  Fog lifted and we were wayyyyy off.   Picked at some little guys on the incoming.  

You should mark the spot on your phone. If you have an iphone get navionics or you can just drop a pin on google maps and save it. 

12 hours ago, passiton said:

Is that bakery still there? I went to where I thought it was and there was a bar in its place.  I may have been way off though.    I grabbed a mini banana cream pie from the bakery just down from Bubaloos in that indoor market space.   Pretty damned good!

Yup.....still there...right next to twisted pizza.

You dont have to swim faster than the shark........you only have to swim faster than your slowest friend.

1 hour ago, catatonic said:

Yup.....still there...right next to twisted pizza.

Ahh, I was just as lost there then as I was on the flats.   :)

Hit the outgoing with my daughter and granddaughter last night. Anna is almost there and loves water and fishing,  so she took to the flats immediately.   Not a fish to be found, but she loved the moon snails, Mummichog, sand eels, tide shaped sand patterns, and million other details that collectively make up a place that draws me to drive hundreds of miles each way seven times a year.   My daughter grew up fishing and playing out there and it’s a special feeling to see her pass that on to my granddaughter.  

D19820C9-18FE-40B0-8A37-0B140A91609C.jpeg

B8843868-9B18-4918-B65A-A729F5384075.jpeg

20 hours ago, theshadow said:

When I worked in Ptwn the truck would automatically stop and I had to go inside or it wouldn't start.

Same with me...a lot of trips to Ptown, going back 50 yrs,, include a stop for some Portuguese sweet bread or something.