Seal

Police to 'increase training'...After gunning down unarmed woman and 6 year old

Rate this topic

135 posts in this topic

If they can get away with this, I think it's safe to say that there's no level of world class **** up that police apologists aren't willing to write off as a "learning experience", as long as the cops promise to "increase training". :rolleyes:

After 6-Year-Old's Death, a 'New Era' in Training Begins for Bexar County Deputies

On December 21, Bexar County deputies opened fire on an unarmed woman suspected of car theft, killing her and an unrelated 6-year-old boy who happened to be inside a mobile home she was standing in front of.

While all deputies on the scene reported seeing a gun on the suspect, Amanda Lene Jones, at some point in their lengthly pursuit, no weapon was found on or near Jones's body after her death. This left the public struggling to understand why, exactly, four deputies chose to open fire in such a risky environment.

As the District Attorney's investigation into the fatal shooting plays out behind closed doors, Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar is using the moment to increase training hours for all deputies and incoming cadets.

On Monday, Salazar kicked off what his communications team calls a "new era in training" by doubling all deputies mandatory training hours (from 40 hours every other year to 40 hours annually) and adding one more week to the 10-week-long detention cadet training schedule. Two new cadet classes began Monday morning.

Salazar said these training changes have been in the works since he entered the office a year ago, and aren't directly related to the shooting death of 6-year-old Kameron Prescott. At a December 22 press conference, Salazar called the incident a "tragic accident."

"It appears that policies and procedures were complied with," Salazar said.

Not that they're going to actually learn anything or do anything different in the future, because the policy of gunning down unarmed people in heavily populated areas is justified...Because officer safety must come first.

Edited by gadwall8

She looks like a real pos....that said, how do you not account for innocent civilians in these crossfire situations? You're supposed to be a highly trained cop. You know she was in that mobile home with the family. What the f*** is wrong with these guys unloading their weapons? I wonder how many shots in total were fired.

I swear these cops act like they're facing Jesse Ventura with a minigun in Predator.

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

What a surprise that you don't post up what the woman did to get the police involved in the first place.

It's in the first sentence of the article. Car theft.

If she was an accused bank robber/child molester/murderer, does it matter? Do our rights disappear if the government accuses us of a certain crime?

I mean, it obviously matters to you. But any excuse is good enough for you.

The question for society in general is:

1. How many "scumbags" is it okay for cops to murder in cold blood?

2. How many innocent people are they allowed to kill in the process of murdering these "scumbags", before it becomes too much?

And I can answer that question right now.

He was poor. So no one really gives a ****. :read:

Just one less ghetto rat...immigrant...trailer trash.

He'd probably never amount to anything anyway, so **** him......Because "land of the free", and stuff. :th:

kp.jpg.60ba81f04a411007bfc2f87870ef23a7.jpg

Edited by Seal

2 hours ago, Seal said:

If they can get away with this, I think it's safe to say that there's no level of world class **** up that police apologists aren't willing to write off as a "learning experience", as long as the cops promise to "increase training". :rolleyes:

Not that they're going to actually learn anything or do anything different in the future, because the policy of gunning down unarmed people in heavily populated areas is justified...Because officer safety must come first.

Tragic

no argueing  it

police are not a “whole”

each department is different, as Is each officer.

support the ones who protect... be wary of the ones who don’t 

4 mins ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

Tragic

no argueing  it

police are not a “whole”

each department is different, as Is each officer.

support the ones who protect... be wary of the ones who don’t 

Exactly.

Only a few cops are bad. Only a few cops go around beating/torturing/killing people, just for fun.

The majority of cops are good...They'll just watch you get beaten/tortured/killed, and then frame you for "assaulting an officer". :th:

4 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!

Running from the police and failure to comply with police commands may result in you getting shot.

DAMN RIGHT.

That ****ing punk 1st grader just got what he deserved.

Just now, Seal said:

DAMN RIGHT.

That ****ing punk 1st grader just got what he deserved.

Very tragic accident.

You make it sound as if the cops targeted the boy.

Police should enact a no shooting rule in mobile home parks?

5 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Very tragic accident.

How about exercising a little restraint against someone who is obviously not armed to the teeth for the sake of the other people living in said trailer park? Do you believe that massive overwhelming use of force is necessary in lots of these cases that we're seeing? And I don't want to hear that cops are trained to eliminate the threat with whatever means is necessary including 5 officers unloading their magazines on one person that doesn't even have a weapon.

3 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Very tragic accident.

I don't think there is any possibility whatsoever, that they targeted this kid or even knew that he was there.

I'm also 100% certain that they didn't give a **** if he or anyone else was inside that trailer.

I know I've never been in one of these situations and I defer to the cops in here among us. My comments aren't meant to be critical just curious why a single person that may or may not be armed presents such a massive threat to numerous cops with weapons drawn.