Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Good2Go

Robalo reviews

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Any of you guys have experience with this brand? Specifically looking for a walk around with a cuddy and a hard top, 4 stroke engine. Found one with a Yami 225 with less than 300 hours. Boat/motor 2005. 

Yamaha's of that generation have exhaust corrosion issues, the 225 being the worst offenders.  While doing the inspection, have that looked at in particular

I believe that in 2005 they were made by Chaparrel, which from what I read is a pretty well made boat. I bought a 1995 2140 walk around with hard top last September and from the dozen trips I got in before winter I have to say I like the boat so far. It has a 2008 225 Suzuki and it moves well.  

What model are you looking at? 

On January 11, 2018 at 6:05 PM, ChrisO said:

I believe that in 2005 they were made by Chaparrel, which from what I read is a pretty well made boat. I bought a 1995 2140 walk around with hard top last September and from the dozen trips I got in before winter I have to say I like the boat so far. It has a 2008 225 Suzuki and it moves well.  

What model are you looking at? 

24 ft walk around. Has a cuddly with potty so trying to get my better half more interested in boating. 

Oh, boy, if he ever wants the wifey on the boat she'd better be comfortable on the pot.  Otherwise she comes out and says, grimly, "I have this boat."  It's only OUR boat if she's happy, otherwise it's YOUR boat and it costs so much money!

26 mins ago, Good2Go said:

24 ft walk around. Has a cuddly with potty so trying to get my better half more interested in boating. 

18 mins ago, Kanine Kleenup said:

Don’t worry about the porta potty.. i bet 90 percent don’t use them.. I’ve never used the one in my cc.. I wish I had a tackle center in there instead of the potty

You do not want a portajohn.  Get the wife comfortable with pissing in a 5 gallon bucket... for a dump, you put a trash bag in the bucket and trash it back on shore.  Emptying a portajohn every trip is not what you want to be doing.

I had a Robalo Bayhunter, and it was a solid boat. I used it mostly in the back bay to fish sod banks, but had it as far as thirty miles offshore on a nice day. I don’t know about later models like you are looking at, but my boat was a ‘98 hull and was built like a tank. 

14 hours ago, Slacker said:

You do not want a portajohn.  Get the wife comfortable with pissing in a 5 gallon bucket... for a dump, you put a trash bag in the bucket and trash it back on shore.  Emptying a portajohn every trip is not what you want to be doing.

This is not likely.  I mean, pissing and crapping in a bucket. She prefers to not even use the lavatory on a plane, rather hold it in! 

Plus, not sure if it has a portapotty or built in with holding tank, have to check on this. 

I agree I don't want to be doing this every trip, but she is not likely to be out much with me fishing. Just when we want to visit Greenport, Block, or take a joyride. Maybe once a month in the summer. Plus I already have the job of cleaning out the litter box and picking up after the dog so I have some experience...

11 hours ago, doyle007 said:

I had a Robalo Bayhunter, and it was a solid boat. I used it mostly in the back bay to fish sod banks, but had it as far as thirty miles offshore on a nice day. I don’t know about later models like you are looking at, but my boat was a ‘98 hull and was built like a tank. 

Thanks for the feedback Mr. Bond!