flyangler

Bannon OUT at Breitbart

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

As was predicted, he became radioactive and no longer worth the trouble to what is a commercial media organization, not some looney toon ideological entity. 

That’s too bad 

I enjoyed the articles like the one about Muslims cooking and eating Christian children. 

I was looking forward to stories about Bill Clinton secretly having sex with more space Aliens than Captain Kirk. 

I vote for Stephen Miller to replace Bannon at Breitbart 

hes the perfect little alt right psycho punk for the job 

Edited by JohnP

He'll end up writing a pretty fascinating book of his own.  It will be interesting to hear what he was thinking, what was really going on in the WH, does he have alcohol problems, etc.  I'd love to hear a history of his last 2 years.

And no, he's not king.  But any Trumpistas that want to pretend Bannon wasn't a major contributor to making Trump a king are kidding themselves.

2 hours ago, J said:

I hope he seeks treatment. 

Brilliant mind going to waste.... 

He helped Trump during the campaign. Once elected, Bannen sucked as a political strategist.

I still think they're soulmates in terms of ideas and wrecking things.

Edited by patchyfog

12 mins ago, patchyfog said:

Wait, I thought Trump was a life-long Dem who went GOP to get elected only. That Trump was more aligned with Jarvanka than anyone else. 

I thought Trump was non-ideological that did what was good for him, not for ideology's sake. 

I thought Bannon was a burn-it-down ideologue from the far-alt-right. 

How does that make them soulmates on ideas? 

They are both populist/nationalist types. Both of them cater to a particular audience with populist/nationalist talk. Both accept the support of the farthest-right. This parting might be permanent, or not. Reince appears to be back on Trump's contact list, as well as Spicy.

1 hour ago, patchyfog said:

He helped Trump during the campaign. Once elected, Bannen sucked as a political strategist.

Yes.  He was useful in introducing Donald J. Trump to the Breitbart audience that Bannon had been collecting.  That audience is almost entirely owned by Trump, now, and Bannon is superfluous to President Trump. Why did Bannon say what he said?  Why let Wolff into the house?  Simple disillusionment doesn't begin to explain it. There was some grievance, some deep injury here.  BUT the President's press performance today is going to enrage some of his supporters and Bannon, down, may yet have a resurgence. 

5 mins ago, BrianBM said:

. Why did Bannon say what he said?  Why let Wolff into the house?  Simple disillusionment doesn't begin to explain it. There was some grievance, some deep injury here.  BUT the President's press performance today is going to enrage some of his supporters and Bannon, down, may yet have a resurgence. 

Inflated sense of self-importance might be part of it.