BrianBM

Robert Moses on 1/14/18

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I got my permit today, and noticed two signs up.  The road in front of the Park Office will be closed Sunday, 1/14/18, and so will Field #2.  If you were planning to get your State permit on that weekend, do it Saturday.  I don't know what's being planned.

Usual off-season road work in progress, the southbound lane on the last bridge span is closed.  Captree Boat Basin is choked with ice, everybody's iced in, and the only slip unoccupied is the Capt. Speedy.

(If he was still numbering his boats, he'd be up to Speedy 30, or something like that) 

There isn't any water within reach of the shoreline that isn't covered by ice, so .... don't waste time looking to jig herring down there.   

I asked the young lady in the park office what was happening on 1/14.  She said it is their winter 5k.  She said the road should only be closed about 2 hours in the morning.

Yes, ice everywhere.  I was surprised when I went to JC piers that there was ice all around it but there was open water under it.  Lots of birds and ducks picking stuff out of the open water.

Drove over the causeway yesterday. Ice west as far as I could see and eastward too with the exception of a minor opening about 2 miles away. All choked up on the west end too. No ferries, ice everywhere.