Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mbrupb

Public beach w/ night access for surf perch near Bodega Bay?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Two east coast fisherman here on a work trip to Santa Rosa.  We fished the Bodega Bay jetty for surf perch Sunday afternoon when we arrived in Cali, but we're looking for somewhere to fish at night now that we're stuck in the office during the day.  Particularly interested in public beach access where we could target surf perch at night.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.  Happy to swap intel for east coast spots if you're planning on a trip to the Baltimore/Annapolis area! 

Go north out of Bodega and make a left on Bean. If you go over the bridge turn around and go back and make a right. Or you can just go past the bridge a half mile and you will see parking on the left.

Anyone killing the perch at night? The bite for me always seems to peak right at sunset and once darkness sets in, I  don't seem to get them to bite anymore, but can't say that I have targeted them exclusively at night either. Striper on the other hand, different story, done well at night for them.

landed many of perch in the pitch black, the two next to the rod were 16" and 15" landed about 10p on shrimp, both hit within 2 minutes, by the fifth big one my backpack was weighed down enough for the hike back up the cliff to be tiresome. Biggest of the night was 17", Perch hit at night and i don't care what anyone wants to say!!

0106150018.jpg

0105152216.jpg

Edited by MattFromSF
photo is a bit big my bad