Harf

Were the investigating FBI agents the source of the leaks. Congressional Probe

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Republican-led House and Senate committees are investigating whether leaders of the Russia counterintelligence investigation had contacts with the news media that resulted in improper leaks, prompted in part by text messages amongst senior FBI officials mentioning specific reporters, news organizations and articles.

In one exchange, FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok and bureau lawyer Lisa Page engaged in a series of texts shortly before Election Day 2016 suggesting they knew in advance about an article in The Wall Street Journal and would need to feign stumbling onto the story so it could be shared with colleagues.

“Article is out, but hidden behind paywall so can’t read it,” Page texted Strzok on Oct. 24, 2016.

“Wsj? Boy that was fast,” Strzok texted back, using the initials of the famed financial newspaper. “Should I ‘find’ it and tell the team?”

The text messages, which were reviewed by The Hill, show the two FBI agents discussed how they might make it appear they innocently discovered the article, such as through Google News alerts.

“I can get it like I do every other article that hits any Google News alerts, seriously,” Strzok wrote, adding he didn’t want his team hearing about the article “from someone else.”

Strzok played a key role in the early Russia election meddling probe before he was removed last summer by special counsel Robert Mueller for exchanging text messages critical of President Trump, then still a candidate, with Page.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/368003-fbi-agents-text-messages-spur-congressional-probe-into-possible-news-leaks

Comey leaked classified documents on way out after he was fired. Of course they were. Let me give you a prime example. Remember, the second attempt at the Fisa warrant was approved in October of 2016. Right before the election, it was alleged that Trump had a secret server communicating with the Russians at Trump Tower (Alpha). This information was leaked by the FBI/DOJ to the Clinton Campaign. Podesta and her campaign were stupid enough to use this bogus info, also letting us know someone was leaking info to her campaign from the inside (see image bottom of page). FB I investigated and it was found that it was a server linked to his hotels billing/reservations. Moving forward Fusion GPS tried to push this story hard who was being paid by the campaign and DNC. So the connection between the Obama Admin, Clinton Campaign, DOJ/FBI, Fusion Gps, and the paid off news outlets conspired against an opposition parties candidacy and after November 8th became sedition and treason.

server.jpg

Edited by Flybyme

Limbaugh is about to discuss this if anyone is interested. 

NARRATIVE TORPEDOS coming back to zero in on the Dems who demanded the investigations. 

Anyone note how quiet Obama is on all this? Or almost anyone else in his crew? They were awfully vocal in 4Q2916 continuing into 1H2017. Now, not so much....

14 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Anyone note how quiet Obama is on all this?

Or anything else since his recent international shadow Trump tour.

May well be in a snit because his reception was less than celebratory.

Edited by zybathegeek

56 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

Or anything else since his recent international shadow Trump tour.

May well be in a snit because his reception was less than celebratory.

Saw a story that Obamas (plural) are taking some heat for the extravagance of the Obama Presidentail Library. Something about “display kitchen” and “organic garden” were mentioned. I guess that’s a priority for them both. 

Also, I would have expected Obama’s memoir to be something being discussed at this point. Supposedly he spent 5-6 weeks with a ghost writer when he was in the Pacific Islands so I would have thought we would hear about that book now. Then again, tough to write a memoir if current events might be conspiring to make your “legacy” something different than what you intended.