Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ksong

11', 12' and 13' Black Hole Cape Cod SurfII Heavy arrived.

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

11', 12' and 13' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy rods arrived today !
11' rod is spinning and 12' and 13' rods are conventional.
The 11' rod is for Cape Cod Canal jigging and the 12' and 13' conventional rods are for drum out of Virginia and NC.
But the rods are good for GT, tuna or shark from the shore too.
The retail price is $445 for 11', $465 for 12' and $485 for 13'.

I will have to check out some of these rods at one of the shows this year. Still getting use to the whole nano carbon thing. I have the challenger 731h and put an avet hx 2 speed on it. It sure looks funny on the rod but is within its drag range. I’m going to get some weird looks using it as one of my deep drop outfits in 1500 feet of water. Brought in a 8 pound cod the other day on it and it felt like nothing I was able to bounce it over the rail of the party boat. This new blank technology is very interesting to me when I’ve used glass boat rods for years. I’ve heard people are using them for swordfish and it’s hard to imagine when it looks like a freshwater rod. 

16 hours ago, Big Will said:

I will have to check out some of these rods at one of the shows this year. Still getting use to the whole nano carbon thing. I have the challenger 731h and put an avet hx 2 speed on it. It sure looks funny on the rod but is within its drag range. I’m going to get some weird looks using it as one of my deep drop outfits in 1500 feet of water. Brought in a 8 pound cod the other day on it and it felt like nothing I was able to bounce it over the rail of the party boat. This new blank technology is very interesting to me when I’ve used glass boat rods for years. I’ve heard people are using them for swordfish and it’s hard to imagine when it looks like a freshwater rod. 

I became believer after I observed that we landed 170 lb bluefin with light inshore Black Hole popping rod when I guided Korean TV fishing host in Cape Cod 7 - 8 years ago.  

The rest is history. I have been involved to develop Black Hole rods for the US anglers and I am still amazed at the performance and strength of the fragile rods.

Japanese o Korean anglers use light rods for big fish. It is pure joy to use light rods for big fish. 

Still many anglers use/will use heavy rods because it is hard to change their habit.

3 hours ago, ksong said:

I became believer after I observed that we landed 170 lb bluefin with light inshore Black Hole popping rod when I guided Korean TV fishing host in Cape Cod 7 - 8 years ago.  

The rest is history. I have been involved to develop Black Hole rods for the US anglers and I am still amazed at the performance and strength of the fragile rods.

Japanese o Korean anglers use light rods for big fish. It is pure joy to use light rods for big fish. 

Still many anglers use/will use heavy rods because it is hard to change their habit.

I remember switching from glass to composites and loved the power that it added. Pure graphite was still not recommended for offshore but I had a few inshore rods that were and were very powerful. This is just the next step and watching that video of the 8 foot challenger I was surprised how much stress it could take without folding over. The cow special I got to pull on was amazing, I couldn’t even put a full load on it, I would need to use a harness or rail. I was pulling about 40 pounds which is what it’s rated at but think it had plenty of power left. Are these rods safe to bend into the stiff material of the lower part of the blank as long as the rod is at the correct angle? Im assuming they are according to the video. I will let you know how the challenger works when deep dropping in 1500 feet. Going on an exploratory trip in may and hoping for a 50 lb tile to really test out the rod. 

Edited by Big Will